* Fullscreen mode in Mac OS X
@ 2013-04-10 15:07 Steven Degutis
From: Steven Degutis @ 2013-04-10 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Can I please replace this with a better version? It's pretty unanimous,
everyone hates the "official" version of fullscreen mode that OS X uses,
and everyone wishes one of the other emacs fullscreen implementations made
it into trunk.

-Steven

* Re: Fullscreen mode in Mac OS X
@ 2013-04-10 15:42 ` Sebastian Wiesner
From: Sebastian Wiesner @ 2013-04-10 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Degutis; +Cc: emacs-devel

2013/4/10 Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com>:
> Can I please replace this with a better version? It's pretty unanimous,
> everyone hates the "official" version of fullscreen mode that OS X uses,

FWIW, I don't.

* Re: Fullscreen mode in Mac OS X
@ 2013-04-10 15:42 ` Josh
From: Josh @ 2013-04-10 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Degutis; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I please replace this with a better version? It's pretty unanimous,
> everyone hates the "official" version of fullscreen mode that OS X uses, and
> everyone wishes one of the other emacs fullscreen implementations made it
> into trunk.

It would be helpful for you to describe the specific defects you
perceive in the trunk's implementation, exactly which other fullscreen
implementations you're referring to, and how their behaviors differ
from the trunk's.

@ 2013-04-10 17:50   ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2013-04-10 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Wiesner; +Cc: Steven Degutis, emacs-devel

10 apr 2013 kl. 17:42 skrev Sebastian Wiesner <lunaryorn@gmail.com>:

> 2013/4/10 Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com>:
>> Can I please replace this with a better version? It's pretty unanimous,
>> everyone hates the "official" version of fullscreen mode that OS X uses,
>
> FWIW, I don't.

I don't either.  The "other" implementations can't switch to a new virtual desktop, but the official is not so good for multimonitors.

In trunk we have two methods. You can choose which to use.  Just customize ns-use-native-fullscreen.  I don't know if you are referring to a third implementation.

	Jan D.

* Re: Fullscreen mode in Mac OS X
@ 2013-04-10 18:08     ` Steven Degutis
From: Steven Degutis @ 2013-04-10 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: Sebastian Wiesner, emacs-devel

That works. Just wish it wasn't in trunk. Oh well hopefully it'll be in
stable soon enough.

-Steven

@ 2013-04-11 21:02       ` chad
From: chad @ 2013-04-11 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Degutis; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

2013/4/10 Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com>:
>  Can I please replace this with a better version?

Can you give us more detail on what's wrong with the version in the
release? There are a couple options in the current trunk, and it
might help us figure out how the feature should work in the next
release.

Thanks,
~Chad

* Re: Fullscreen mode in Mac OS X
@ 2013-04-12  3:26         ` Steven Degutis
From: Steven Degutis @ 2013-04-12  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chad; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

The version in the release first of all is missing the function
toggle-frame-fullscreen, and second of all it always shows the toolbar even
when it's disabled; you can disable the toolbar after you're in fullscreen
mode but then the window's size is no longer fullscreen, even though it's
in fullscreen mode, which looks really weird.

-Steven

@ 2013-04-12  3:33           ` Steven Degutis
From: Steven Degutis @ 2013-04-12  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chad; +Cc: Kyle Hargraves, emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

Also, what size petition do I have to get for the two instances of
"animate:YES" to become "animate:NO" inside nsterm.m?

-Steven

@ 2013-04-12  4:57           ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2013-04-12  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Degutis; +Cc: chad, emacs-devel@gnu.org Development

12 apr 2013 kl. 05:26 skrev Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com>:

> The version in the release first of all is missing the function toggle-frame-fullscreen, and second of all it always shows the toolbar even when it's disabled; you can disable the toolbar after you're in fullscreen mode but then the window's size is no longer fullscreen, even though it's in fullscreen mode, which looks really weird.

This is fixed in the trunk.

	Jan D.