* xterm/mintty control sequences support when formatOtherKeys = 1
@ 2013-02-27  7:56 Ren Victor
From: Ren Victor @ 2013-02-27  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

When setting "formatOtherKeys" resource to 1 in xterm, 'CSI u' format is
used for non-standard keycodes.  This is also how mintty support
"modifyOtherKeys" by default.

But in term/xterm.el, only 'CSI 27" format is supported.

I think it is worth supporting "CSI u" format control sequences.
What do you think of adding them to teerm/xterm.el?  or anyone can do it?

/Victor

* Re: xterm/mintty control sequences support when formatOtherKeys = 1
@ 2013-02-27 13:54 ` Stefan Monnier
       [not found]   ` <CAMks0JHVqV55V1VbQUAhsF7b0nJD4x2n3X_=fgZGceibsE_woA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-02-27 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ren Victor; +Cc: emacs-devel

> When setting "formatOtherKeys" resource to 1 in xterm, 'CSI u' format is
> used for non-standard keycodes.  This is also how mintty support
> "modifyOtherKeys" by default.

> But in term/xterm.el, only 'CSI 27" format is supported.

> I think it is worth supporting "CSI u" format control sequences.
> What do you think of adding them to teerm/xterm.el?  or anyone can do it?

I'm not familiar with those "CSI 27" and "CSI u" formats (the name
vaguely reminds me of distant memories, but that's about it).
Could give us an idea of what kind of changes to term/xterm.el that
would entail?

* Fwd: xterm/mintty control sequences support when formatOtherKeys = 1
       [not found]   ` <CAMks0JHVqV55V1VbQUAhsF7b0nJD4x2n3X_=fgZGceibsE_woA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-02-27 14:44     ` Ren Victor
       [not found]     ` <jwvwqtt7p6y.fsf-monnier+emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ren Victor @ 2013-02-27 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

For example, pressing C-0 in xterm will send control sequence "\e[27;5;48~"
by default, which is supported now.
When "formatOtherKeys" is set to 1, C-0 is sent as "\e[48;5u" which is
another shorter format.

The easiest change I can image is to define a lot of key binds for those
control sequence, for example,
  (define-key map "\e[48;5u"  [?\C-0])

BR/Victor

@ 2013-02-28 14:33       ` Victor Ren
From: Victor Ren @ 2013-02-28 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier, emacs-devel; +Cc: Ren Victor

    >> For example, pressing C-0 in xterm will send control sequence
    >> "\e[27;5;48~" by default, which is supported now.  When
    >> "formatOtherKeys" is set to 1, C-0 is sent as "\e[48;5u" which is
    >> another shorter format.

    >> The easiest change I can image is to define a lot of key binds
    >> for those control sequence, for example, (define-key map
    >> "\e[48;5u" [?\C-0])

    > Y see, that looks fine.  If you can prepare a patch for it, I'd
    > be very happy to install it.  Or can we simply take all the
    > "\e[27;NN,MM~" and add a corresponding "\e[MM;NNu"?  If so, I can
    > write the patch myself.

Yes, I think so.  Maybe this is the better way than checking terminal
capacities and then deciding to enable which format.

/Victor