For example, pressing C-0 in xterm will send control sequence "\e[27;5;48~" by default, which is supported now. When "formatOtherKeys" is set to 1, C-0 is sent as "\e[48;5u" which is another shorter format. The easiest change I can image is to define a lot of key binds for those control sequence, for example, (define-key map "\e[48;5u" [?\C-0]) BR/Victor On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > When setting "formatOtherKeys" resource to 1 in xterm, 'CSI u' format is > > used for non-standard keycodes. This is also how mintty support > > "modifyOtherKeys" by default. > > > But in term/xterm.el, only 'CSI 27" format is supported. > > > I think it is worth supporting "CSI u" format control sequences. > > What do you think of adding them to teerm/xterm.el? or anyone can do it? > > I'm not familiar with those "CSI 27" and "CSI u" formats (the name > vaguely reminds me of distant memories, but that's about it). > Could give us an idea of what kind of changes to term/xterm.el that > would entail? > > > Stefan >