* Emacs Imenu newbee question !
@ 2012-04-10  6:53 Akshay Kothare
From: Akshay Kothare @ 2012-04-10  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-devel

Hi !

I am trying to customize my emacs. I must admit, I am relatively new to
making these customizations.

This is what I am trying to do.

I have a file, with lots of methods written in itcl. I wanted to get a list
of all methods in that file/buffer when I do a right-click [mouse-3] in the
buffer. Currently, I do get such a list for regular tcl procedures and lisp
procedures.  However, I am unable to get the same for the methods in the
itcl file.

I have tried builidng my regexp for the matches using M-x re-builder and
then placing the regexp in my tcl-mode.el file. However, when I then close
emacs and re-start it and try doing a right mouse click [mouse-3] in the
file, I get a message which says the following:

"No items suitable for an index found in this buffer"

Here's my sample imenu-generic-expression

(defvar tcl-imenu-generic-expression
  '(

    ("Methods" "^\\(itcl::body *[^ ]+\\)" 1))

  "Imenu generic expression for tcl-mode.  See `imenu-generic-expression'.")

Somewhere below, I also have the following definition in my tcl-mode.el
file.

 (set (make-local-variable 'imenu-generic-expression)
     tcl-imenu-generic-expression)

Am I missing anything here ?

If you need any other information from my side, pls. let me know.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks and regards,
Akshay