Hi ! I am trying to customize my emacs. I must admit, I am relatively new to making these customizations. This is what I am trying to do. I have a file, with lots of methods written in itcl. I wanted to get a list of all methods in that file/buffer when I do a right-click [mouse-3] in the buffer. Currently, I do get such a list for regular tcl procedures and lisp procedures. However, I am unable to get the same for the methods in the itcl file. I have tried builidng my regexp for the matches using M-x re-builder and then placing the regexp in my tcl-mode.el file. However, when I then close emacs and re-start it and try doing a right mouse click [mouse-3] in the file, I get a message which says the following: "No items suitable for an index found in this buffer" Here's my sample imenu-generic-expression (defvar tcl-imenu-generic-expression '( ("Methods" "^\\(itcl::body *[^ ]+\\)" 1)) "Imenu generic expression for tcl-mode. See `imenu-generic-expression'.") Somewhere below, I also have the following definition in my tcl-mode.el file. (set (make-local-variable 'imenu-generic-expression) tcl-imenu-generic-expression) Am I missing anything here ? If you need any other information from my side, pls. let me know. Hope to hear from you. Thanks and regards, Akshay