* 10 unexpected results
@ 2021-01-16 15:29 Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2021-01-16 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Running the latest sources with BLDDIR = SRCDIR:
Ran 4617 tests, 4567 results as expected, 10 unexpected, 40 skipped

2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  bytecomp/warn-obsolete-hook\.el
   FAILED  bytecomp/warn-obsolete-variable\.el

5 unexpected results:
   FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defgeneric-el
   FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defun-defvar-el
   FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defun-el
   FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defvar-el
   FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-feature-el

3 unexpected results:
   FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size
   FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size-leading-space
   FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size-trailing-space

HTH,
  Vin Shelton

* Re: 10 unexpected results
@ 2021-01-16 16:06 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-01-16 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vin Shelton; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Vin Shelton <acs@alumni.princeton.edu>
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:29:06 -0500
>
> Running the latest sources with BLDDIR = SRCDIR:
> Ran 4617 tests, 4567 results as expected, 10 unexpected, 40 skipped

Please always tell which version of Emacs is that.  I'm guessing
28.0.50 in this case.

> 2 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  bytecomp/warn-obsolete-hook\.el
>    FAILED  bytecomp/warn-obsolete-variable\.el
>
> 5 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defgeneric-el
>    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defun-defvar-el
>    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defun-el
>    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defvar-el
>    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-feature-el
>
> 3 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size
>    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size-leading-space
>    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size-trailing-space

I can only reproduce the last 3, and it's a known problem being worked
on as we speak.  The other tests all pass for me.  On what OS are you?

Thanks.

* Re: 10 unexpected results
@ 2021-01-16 17:20   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-01-16 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acs; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 18:06:39 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > 2 unexpected results:
> >    FAILED  bytecomp/warn-obsolete-hook\.el
> >    FAILED  bytecomp/warn-obsolete-variable\.el
> >
> > 5 unexpected results:
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defgeneric-el
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defun-defvar-el
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defun-el
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-defvar-el
> >    FAILED  xref-elisp-test-find-defs-feature-el
> >
> > 3 unexpected results:
> >    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size
> >    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size-leading-space
> >    FAILED  xdisp-tests--window-text-pixel-size-trailing-space
>
> I can only reproduce the last 3, and it's a known problem being worked
> on as we speak.  The other tests all pass for me.  On what OS are you?

Actually, on another system I also see the other ones.  (It's strange
that the problems don't show on mine...)

The bytecomp failures are because the byte-compiler warnings
(sometimes?)  take more than one line, and the regexp there doesn't
match newlines.  I've a fix for that one, which I will install soon
(as soon as Savannah's Git server gets its act together...)

The xref-elisp failures seem to be due to text properties not being
stripped from strings before comparing them?  Can you show the
backtrace of one of these failing tests?

* Re: 10 unexpected results
@ 2021-01-16 18:12     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-01-16 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acs; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 19:20:33 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> The xref-elisp failures seem to be due to text properties not being
> stripped from strings before comparing them?  Can you show the
> backtrace of one of these failing tests?

No, it's because file names cannot always be compared as simple
strings.  Will install a fix for that as well, once Git comes on-line.

* Re: 10 unexpected results
@ 2021-01-16 18:31       ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2021-01-16 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii, acs; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 16.01.2021 20:12, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> No, it's because file names cannot always be compared as simple
> strings.  Will install a fix for that as well, once Git comes on-line.

Thanks, that came up before, but that thread got lost from my short list
when Thunderbird lost all current tabs.

(I was hoping to find a fix that didn't call file-truename on
everything, but oh well.)

* Re: 10 unexpected results
@ 2021-01-16 18:50         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-01-16 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Gutov; +Cc: acs, emacs-devel

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 20:31:00 +0200
>
> (I was hoping to find a fix that didn't call file-truename on
> everything, but oh well.)

I'm not wedded to that, so feel free to install a better fix.  (I
thought of using file-equal-p, but that didn't seem significantly
better.)

* Re: 10 unexpected results
@ 2021-01-16 19:39   ` Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2021-01-16 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)