* [ELPA] New package: Orgalist minor mode
@ 2018-04-27 14:11 Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-27 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I would like to submit the following package to GNU ELPA.  As stated in
the commentaries,

   This library provides Org mode's plain lists in non-Org buffers, as
   a minor mode.

   More specifically, it supports syntax for numbered, unnumbered,
   description items, checkboxes, and counter cookies.

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738

[-- Attachment #2: Orgalist mode --]

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Orgalist minor mode
@ 2018-04-27 15:32 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2018-04-27 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> I would like to submit the following package to GNU ELPA.

Sounds good to me.
Do you need help doing that, or would you rather do it yourself?

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Orgalist minor mode
@ 2018-04-27 15:55   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-04-27 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Do you need help doing that, or would you rather do it yourself?

I can do it myself (assuming it is just creating a new directory and
inserting the file there), but I probably need permissions to write in
the ELPA repository.

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Orgalist minor mode
@ 2018-04-28  1:44 ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2018-04-28  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-devel

orgstruct as a minor mode already provides this and more> Hello,

@ 2018-04-28  5:15   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-28  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-devel

Hi,

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:
>
> orgstruct as a minor mode already provides this and more

Nicolas new package orgalist.el is a replacement for the orgstruct
minor mode, which has now been removed from Org's core and won't be
available in Org >=9.2.

Please test orgalist.el - if you miss important things that orgstruct
did, let's see how we can implement them.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Orgalist minor mode
@ 2018-04-28 15:03     ` T.V Raman
From: T.V Raman @ 2018-04-28 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-devel

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

Thanks for the clarification -- wasn't aware of orgstruct going away.

From my usage pattern, and the description I saw of orgalist, I'd miss
the section-header like functionality  that I remember orgstruct having
--- in general, I primarily used orgstruct during email composition.> Hi,

@ 2018-04-29  3:52       ` Tim Cross
From: Tim Cross @ 2018-04-29  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: Bastien, Nicolas Goaziou, Emacs developers

You might find outshine a reasonable replacement for orgstruct - it is in
the melpa repo.

--
regards,

Tim

--
Tim Cross

* Re: [ELPA] New package: Orgalist minor mode
@ 2018-04-29 10:38         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2018-04-29 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Cross; +Cc: Emacs developers, Nicolas Goaziou, T.V Raman

Hi Tim,

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> You might find outshine a reasonable replacement for orgstruct - it
> is in the melpa repo.

Yes, thanks for mentioning this, I've added a note about this in
etc/ORG-NEWS.

Best,

--
 Bastien