* seeking feedback on keymaps introspection tool
@ 2023-05-29 12:54 Psionic K
From: Psionic K @ 2023-05-29 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

I am close to publishing a package called user-keys.  The goal was to
assist in diagnosing and planning out bindings schemes.  So far it has
three main functions:

   - Show all shadows for a sequence
   - Show all sequences from a preferred list of sets
   - Show all sequences matching predicates

One possible next goal is to show emulation map updates and listing active
maps with symbols rather than raw keymap data structures.

I am planning to extend the predicate matching to work on mass-unbinding.
Right now it's useful for diagnosing all "stupid" bindings, which I
preconfigured to predicates such as, "modified shift keys" or "multiple
modifiers".

Part of the goal was to develop a transient interface to articulate these
views of the keymaps.  I'm not sure how that's progressing since there's
not quite enough functionality to leverage state and input re-use that
characterizes a good context specific interface.

I felt like it's a good time to show what's built and see if anyone has
ideas based on experience about difficulty getting a good high-level view
of active maps and what information they miss as a developer or user.

I attached screenshots to this issue since I haven't made a video demo yet:
https://github.com/positron-solutions/user-keys/issues/1

Thanks

--

Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions>
Software Engineer

*Positron Solutions <https://github.com/positron-solutions>*

* Re: seeking feedback on keymaps introspection tool
@ 2023-05-30 15:04 ` Ihor Radchenko
       [not found]   ` <CADQMGASVrHjwd_gKQDXRtL4e9_SdD3AZBSDDuTX7fNCp8sVuUQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-05-30 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Psionic K; +Cc: Emacs developers

Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions> writes:

> I am planning to extend the predicate matching to work on mass-unbinding.
> Right now it's useful for diagnosing all "stupid" bindings, which I
> preconfigured to predicates such as, "modified shift keys" or "multiple
> modifiers".

You are assuming that everybody is using QWERTY and US keyboard layout,
aren't you?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: seeking feedback on keymaps introspection tool
       [not found]     ` <87353coojd.fsf@localhost>
@ 2023-06-01 12:18       ` Psionic K
From: Psionic K @ 2023-06-01 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Emacs developers