* Happy birthday, Richard Matthew Stallman!
@ 2023-03-16  8:39 Akib Azmain Turja
From: Akib Azmain Turja @ 2023-03-16  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard M. Stallman, Emacs Developer List, bug-hurd

Today, 16th March, is the birthday of Richard Matthew Stallman, who
turns 70 today.

Richard Stallman started the free software movement and the GNU project,
and founded the Free Software Foundation for the advancement of free
software.  He wrote various useful softwares including GNU Emacs, GCC,
GDB, etc.

I'm grateful to him for the freedom I enjoy while I use my computer.
Thank you, RMS.

--
Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5
Fediverse: akib@hostux.social

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Happy birthday, Richard Matthew Stallman!
@ 2023-03-16 11:05 ` xiliuya
From: xiliuya @ 2023-03-16 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Thank you, RMS.

--
xiliuya :)

* Re: Happy birthday, Richard Matthew Stallman!
@ 2023-03-16 12:22 ` Vinicius Latorre
From: Vinicius Latorre @ 2023-03-16 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Akib Azmain Turja; +Cc: Richard M. Stallman, Emacs Developer List, bug-hurd

Thank you, RMS

@ 2023-03-18  3:22   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2023-03-18  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinicius Latorre; +Cc: akib, emacs-devel

I'm glad to have fought for software freedom, and I'm still doing it.
There's a lot of work to do.

Would you be willing to do some volunteer work to help the GNU Project
and/or the free software movement?

See https://gnu.org/help for some of the kinds of work we need.
Do you see anything there you would like to do?