* Re: Emacs FAQ for Emacs 22.1
@ 2005-12-13 15:10 Alexander Klimov
From: Alexander Klimov @ 2005-12-13 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

If `M-x customize-variable' is the preferred method then probably we
should replace things like

 Place the following Lisp form in your `.emacs' file:

     (setq scroll-step 1)

with

 Use M-x customize-variable to set scroll-step to 1

--
Regards,
ASK

* Emacs FAQ for Emacs 22.1
@ 2005-12-10 21:30 Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2005-12-10 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have installed a new version of the Emacs FAQ updated for the 22.1
release.  It should take into account all the changes of our upcoming
release (font lock mode now default, M-g prefix, new compile, new server
code, new max buffer size, etc).

I added a new node "New in Emacs 22": I'd appreciate if people could go
read it and improve it as they see fit, it still needs some work.
There's also a new node about SPC completion of file names in the
minibuffer.

If you maintain a package in Emacs, please take a few minutes to check
that all the information about your package in the FAQ is accurate.

Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the