* Miscategorised project.el user options
@ 2021-04-14  9:52 Philip Kaludercic
From: Philip Kaludercic @ 2021-04-14  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I have noticed that the user options project-switch-commands and
project-switch-use-entire-map are missing :group tags. Therefore they
are added to the project-vc group, as this is the last group that was
defined. Fixing this is too trivial for a patch, so I just wanted to
report it.

(P.S. Would it be OK to push directly to master if I find minor issues
      like these?)

--
	Philip K.

* Re: Miscategorised project.el user options
@ 2021-04-14 10:45 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2021-04-14 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic, emacs-devel

On 14.04.2021 12:52, Philip Kaludercic wrote:

> I have noticed that the user options project-switch-commands and
> project-switch-use-entire-map are missing :group tags. Therefore they
> are added to the project-vc group, as this is the last group that was
> defined. Fixing this is too trivial for a patch, so I just wanted to
> report it.

Indeed, thank for the report.

> (P.S. Would it be OK to push directly to master if I find minor issues
>        like these?)

Yes, of course.

* RE: [External] : Miscategorised project.el user options
@ 2021-04-14 14:49 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2021-04-14 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Kaludercic, emacs-devel@gnu.org

> I have noticed that the user options project-switch-commands and
> project-switch-use-entire-map are missing :group tags. Therefore they
> are added to the project-vc group, as this is the last group that was
> defined.

IMO, it's misguided to encourage not using :group
explicitly.  That makes reading and manipulating
(e.g. moving) the code more error-prone than
necessary, and for no real gain.

It should be enough to say (as we do) that _if_
you happen to omit :group then the previous one
is used.

But in places like this mailing list, at least,
we can find outright encouragement of omitting
"unnecessary" use of :group, on the grounds that
that makes understanding or whatever easier.