* Re: Emacs-diffsemacs-24 r117050: Consult libpng-config more consistently.
       [not found] <E1WgJDk-00066x-1c@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-05-04  1:15 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-05-04  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

Paul Eggert wrote:

> revno: 117050
[...]
>   Test libpng-config's exit status. If it succeeds, use its output
>   rather than appending -lz -lm.

IIUC, this bit seems to cause problems on hydra:

http://hydra.nixos.org/build/10801925

./temacs: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1:

Cf
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/10777061

which worked.

* Re: Emacs-diffsemacs-24 r117050: Consult libpng-config more consistently.
@ 2014-05-04  6:37   ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2014-05-04  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:
> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/10801925
>
> ./temacs: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1:
>     cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks for mentioning that.  When linking to a shared library X one
shouldn't need to explicitly link to all libraries that X itself links
to.  But I suppose if hydra has the problem others will too, so I
installed a patch to try to work around the problem, as emacs-24 bzr 117057.

* Re: Emacs-diffsemacs-24 r117050: Consult libpng-config more consistently.
@ 2014-05-04 17:57     ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2014-05-04 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

Paul Eggert wrote:

>> ./temacs: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1:
>>     cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Thanks for mentioning that.  When linking to a shared library X one
> shouldn't need to explicitly link to all libraries that X itself links
> to.  But I suppose if hydra has the problem others will too, so I
> installed a patch to try to work around the problem, as emacs-24 bzr
> 117057.

It's made no difference:

http://hydra.nixos.org/build/10820711

Perhaps that change was not appropriate for emacs-24, since it was not
fixing any kind of bug.

* Re: Emacs-diffsemacs-24 r117050: Consult libpng-config more consistently.
@ 2014-05-04 18:53       ` Paul Eggert
From: Paul Eggert @ 2014-05-04 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Perhaps that change was not appropriate for emacs-24, since it was not
> fixing any kind of bug.

It is fixing bugs, just not bugs that have been reported yet.  Evidently
the fix is more hassle than it's worth on emacs-24, though, so I
reverted it just now.

* Re: emacs-24 r117050: Consult libpng-config more consistently.
       [not found] <E1WgJDk-00066x-1c@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2014-05-06  5:04 ` Darren Hoo
From: Darren Hoo @ 2014-05-06  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

I would like to remind  osx users that this change might cause build to
fail if HomeBrew (with libpng) or XQuartz is installed, unset PATH before
running ./configure so that libpng-config won't interfere.

A question about code around line 5919 of image.c,
Shouldn't this if conditional wrap the last line in?

	  /* We use the current frame background, ignoring any default
	     background color set by the image.  */
#if defined (HAVE_X_WINDOWS) || defined (HAVE_NTGUI)
	  XColor color;
	  png_color_16 frame_background;

	  color.pixel = FRAME_BACKGROUND_PIXEL (f);
	  x_query_color (f, &color);

	  memset (&frame_background, 0, sizeof frame_background);
	  frame_background.red = color.red >> shift;
	  frame_background.green = color.green >> shift;
	  frame_background.blue = color.blue >> shift;
#endif /* HAVE_X_WINDOWS */

	  fn_png_set_background (png_ptr, &frame_background,
				 PNG_BACKGROUND_GAMMA_SCREEN, 0, 1.0);