* emacs roadmap
@ 2012-12-16 22:25 Tony Day
From: Tony Day @ 2012-12-16 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs devel

Is there a long term roadmap for emacs research and development that
someone could point to?  Having done my homework I find nothing out
there except rumour and myth.  For instance:

- Is multi-threading coming to emacs 25?
- Is there realistic support for replacing elisp with guile?  Is that
  considered possible even?
- If elisp is the future, what type of changes are envisaged?
  - double escape regex fix?
  - lexical closures (to support no namespaces)?
  - first-class print for functions?

More generally, when can we get turtles all the way down and enjoy the
return of the symbolic machine?