* Sentinel interfering with compile's mode line update
@ 2005-12-02 19:10 Bill Wohler
       [not found] ` <4390DAA6.70108@yahoo.com>
From: Bill Wohler @ 2005-12-02 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wrote a function to compile the MH-E manual and to start info when the
compilation finishes. As you all know, when (compile) runs, it adds
"Compiling" to all of the mode lines. When the compilation finishes,
this text is removed.

However, with the set-process-sentinel line in the function below, the
"Compiling" text is never removed from the mode line.

Is this a bug in compile, set-process-sentinel, or in my code?

I've replaced my function with "yow" to simplify the recipe. Run this
from the *scratch* buffer to reproduce. You don't need a Makefile.

  (defun bw-mh-info-recompile ()
    "Compile and display MH-E manual."
    (interactive)
    (compile "make")
    (set-process-sentinel (get-process "compilation") 'yow))

(Updated from CVS yesterday.)