* override_redirect of X Window System
@ 2003-09-17  2:45 Kazu Yamamoto
From: Kazu Yamamoto @ 2003-09-17  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: handa

Hello,

I have one request for Emacs 21.

I'm now creating a presentation tool for Emacs 21. One problem is that
there is no way to set one frame attribute "override_redirect" to
True.

Imagine that we try to create a frame which overs the entire screen
for presentation. Since we can't set override_redirect to True, the
created frame can't cover the entire screen unders some window
managers including gnome.

Thus I would like to a method to set override_redirect to True. One
idea is extend modify-frame-parameters to handle override_redirect.

Thanks in advance.

--Kazu