* Emacs failes to communicate with other X clients
@ 2003-05-23  9:19 Robin Hu
From: Robin Hu @ 2003-05-23  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone:

   Emacs failes to communicate with other X clients, due to it's
   wrongly decoding compound text from others.

   For example, a chinese word is encoded in compound text
   as : "^[$(AV1^[%/2\200\210gbk-0^B\351F;y", as I have provide gbk
   coding system myself, emacs can decode the first two characters
   correctly, but it miss the last character, because it doesn't know
   "\351F;y" should be decoded follow "^[$(AV1".

   I try to correct this bug myself, but it seems quite diffcult in the
   exist compound-text-with-extension coding system.  ;-(

   I'd like to know how about leaving this decoding stuff to X itself, I
   knew XmbText family can do this kind of thing. And can anyone point me
   out where is the suitable place if this change can be applied?

   Robin.Hu