* tramp.texi in latest CVS
@ 2002-08-14  4:26 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2002-08-14  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to install the latest CVS version from savannah.
(First time I tried this.)

I did:

./configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars

make bootstrap

Result (end of output):

cd /home/teirllm/emacs/man; makeinfo tramp.texi
tramp.texi:25: Unknown command `copying'.
tramp.texi:50: Unmatched `@end'.
makeinfo: Removing output file `../info/tramp' due to errors; use
--force to preserve.
make[1]: *** [../info/tramp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/teirllm/emacs/man'
make: *** [info] Error 2

I am a complete CVS newbie.  Am I doing something totally stupid or is
this a real bug in tramp.texi?

ELISP> system-configuration
"i686-pc-linux-gnu"

Sincerely,

Luc.

* tramp.texi in latest CVS
@ 2002-08-14 23:14 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2002-08-14 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

John Paul Wallington wrote:

   The @copying command works in GNU texinfo 4.2's makeinfo, but not
   earlier versions.

Thanks to everybody who pointed this out to me.  I upgraded to 4.2 and
everything worked fine.

Sincerely,

Luc.