* How much I can rely on etc/TODO
@ 2019-04-08 17:52 Sameer Rahmani
From: Sameer Rahmani @ 2019-04-08 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi folks,

I was wondering, How much I can rely on `etc/TODO` file a list of TODOs
which I can pickup ?

most of the stuff on that file is pretty old.

Cheers

Sameer

* Re: How much I can rely on etc/TODO
@ 2019-04-11  1:34 Van L
From: Van L @ 2019-04-11  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

  >> I don't remember Emacs development ever advancing according to plan.
  >> It would be nice to have that, I agree, but I don't think it's
  >> possible in practice.  People work on what they feel like working;

> That's the attitude that Emacs developers have now.  But it is not
> inevitable.  Let's try to lead and inspire people to work on some
> things that would be a big advance.

Just imagine. A SNERT (or hacker) is at console on those two doomed
Boeing 737 MAX 8 flights, recently. That person using GNU/Emacs
Augmented With AI is able to reason with all available diagnostics data
to within the 40 seconds available and save the day for 360+ passengers.

The robust back-and-forth you witness here between demonstrable experts
should kill the cheapskating single point of failure in design of Boeing
737 Max 8 MCAS, undocumented presence of MCAS, no training for MCAS, and
$80K extra on top of the hefty $120M Boeing 737 Max 8 per aeroplane for
*disagree* instrument panel safety warning light.

FSF: Flight Safety Foundation