emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Listing filtered entries of a journal file with its datestamp
@ 2010-04-16 16:09 Miguel Ruiz
From: Miguel Ruiz @ 2010-04-16 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a simple journal .org file like this:

------Begin file---------------
* <2010-04-16 fri>
Subject 1
Subject 2
Subject 1
Subject 40

* <2010-04-17 sat>
Subject 2
Subject 3
Subject 1
Subject 40
------End file------------------

Every subject is only one line.

I would like to print the journal but including only the lines with a specific content, determined by a search, like the following

-----Buffer to print---------
* <2010-04-16 fri>
Subject 1
Subject 1

* <2010-04-17 sat>
Subject 1
------------------------------

------Another buffer to print-
* <2010-04-16 fri>
Subject 40

* <2010-04-17 sat>
Subject 40
------------------------------

I have tried M-x org-occur, but only marks the searched string; I also have tried M-x occur, but generates a list without the dates, and cannot be printed.

I would appreciate any hint.

Miguel Ruiz
Sevilla, Spain.

* Re: Listing filtered entries of a journal file with its datestamp
@ 2010-04-19 17:47 ` Ali Tofigh
From: Ali Tofigh @ 2010-04-19 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Ruiz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:09, Miguel Ruiz <rbenit68@yahoo.es> wrote:
> I have a simple journal .org file like this:
>
> ------Begin file---------------
> * <2010-04-16 fri>
> Subject 1
> Subject 2
> Subject 1
> Subject 40
>
> * <2010-04-17 sat>
> Subject 2
> Subject 3
> Subject 1
> Subject 40
> ------End file------------------
>
> Every subject is only one line.
>
> I would like to print the journal but including only the lines with a specific content, determined by a search, like the following
>
> -----Buffer to print---------
> * <2010-04-16 fri>
> Subject 1
> Subject 1
>
> * <2010-04-17 sat>
> Subject 1
> ------------------------------
>
> ------Another buffer to print-
> * <2010-04-16 fri>
> Subject 40
>
> * <2010-04-17 sat>
> Subject 40
> ------------------------------
>
> I have tried M-x org-occur, but only marks the searched string; I also have tried M-x occur, but generates a list without the dates, and cannot be printed.

try using headlines for the lines under your heading and then a sparse
tree with a regexp (C-c / /):

------Begin file---------------
* <2010-04-16 fri>
** Subject 1