emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* including an image in LaTeX export
@ 2017-04-26 11:58 Roger Mason
       [not found] ` <CAJ51ETrJ3TSiKyW-C4FqZCyPFd1WptpOAvm26dVY5_meFVEDTg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Roger Mason @ 2017-04-26 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I need to include an image in a document to be exported to LaTeX.
Minimal example:

#+TITLE: test

* test section

[[macstuff.jpg]]

When running the export I get "user-error: Unable to resolve link:
nil".  I've tried including the image as eps, to no avail.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Roger
GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i386-portbld-freebsd10.1, GTK+ Version 2.24.29) of
2016-11-04
Org mode version 9.0.3 (release_9.0.3-170-gfed1cf @
/home/rmason/.emacs.d/org-git/org-mode/lisp/)

* Re: including an image in LaTeX export
       [not found] ` <CAJ51ETrJ3TSiKyW-C4FqZCyPFd1WptpOAvm26dVY5_meFVEDTg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-04-26 13:41   ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2017-04-26 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> You aren't using a path. Try [[./macstuff.jpg]] instead.

That was it.  Must have been away from Org for too long.

Thanks,
Roger

@ 2017-04-26 14:10 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-04-26 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roger Mason; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

hello,

Roger Mason <rmason@mun.ca> writes:

> I need to include an image in a document to be exported to LaTeX.
> Minimal example:
>
> #+TITLE: test
>
> * test section
>
> [[macstuff.jpg]]
>
> When running the export I get "user-error: Unable to resolve link:
> nil".  I've tried including the image as eps, to no avail.
>
> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

It should be:

  [[file:macstuff.jpg]]

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: including an image in LaTeX export
@ 2017-04-26 16:11   ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2017-04-26 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

> Roger Mason <rmason@mun.ca> writes:
>>
>> I need to include an image in a document to be exported to LaTeX.

> It should be:
>
>   [[file:macstuff.jpg]]

Many thanks.  As I said earlier, been away from Org for a while.

Cheers,
Roger