emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* can I make listbox within org-mode table?
@ 2014-01-08 10:35 David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2014-01-08 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

for one of my documents I'd like to have tables, where in a single
column i can only choose from predefined sets of values (e.g. names). Is
that possible?

| Name  | Description | Price |
|-------+-------------+-------|
| David | foeiu       |   287 |
| Mika  | ofi         |   287 |
| David | froeiw      |   238 |
|       |             |       |

^^^^^^ that column i'd like to fill with only specified items

many thanks

david

* Re: can I make listbox within org-mode table?
@ 2014-01-08 11:05 ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-01-08 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello David,

On 2014-01-08 11:35 David Belohrad wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> for one of my documents I'd like to have tables, where in a single
> column i can only choose from predefined sets of values (e.g. names). Is
> that possible?
>
> | Name  | Description | Price |
> |-------+-------------+-------|
> | David | foeiu       |   287 |
> | Mika  | ofi         |   287 |
> | David | froeiw      |   238 |
> |       |             |       |

> ^^^^^^ that column i'd like to fill with only specified items
>
> many thanks
>
> david

AFAIK this is not possible. At least not with facilities built into
org-mode. You might have luck writing a source for auto-complete, but
this might be more effort than it is worth.

If you are not planning to export your document, but merely want to
manage some data in a tableish fashion inside your Emacs/Org setup, you
may find (info "(Org) Column View") of some help. You can define a
NAME_ALL property which lists the specific items.

HTH,
--
 Alexander Baier