emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Gnuplot
@ 2010-05-01 21:24 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-05-01 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Perhaps some silly clarification. I read through the org-mode manual for
using gnuplot and have some unanswered questions:

### Setup ###
- I've installed gnuplot via ./configure, make, and make install
--- seems like it sent to /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--- most of the rest of emacs lives in /usr/share/emacs
--- Do I need to specifically add this path, or does emacs check both?

- I have the following in .elisp:
--- (autoload 'gnuplot-mode "gnuplot" "gnuplot major mode" t)
--- (autoload 'gnuplot-make-buffer "gnuplot" "open a buffer in gnuplot mode"
t)

- I've installed gnuplot-mode by putting the two .elc files generated in
.elisp/site-lisp, which is already in my load path

- org-plot is already present according to word (indeed when doing M-x
org-plot and then tab, I see four options

- I've downloaded org-plot.org from worg

### Issues ###
- When I start emacs and go to a #+Plot line and execute M-x
org-plot/gnuplot the first time, the minibuffer reads:
--- gnuplot-mode 0.6.0 (gnuplot 3.7) -- report bugs with "M-x
gnuplot-bug-report"
--- nothing else happens... what is supposed to happen?

- If I execute it (M-x org-plot/gnuplot) again anywhere in the file (same
table or another), the minibuffer reads:
--- searching for program: no such file or directory, gnuplot

- If I switch to the *gnuplot* buffer, I see this in the minibuffer:
--- (Comint: no process)

What am I missing?

Thanks!
John