emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Simple copy/paste of an agenda TODO list
@ 2016-01-08  2:14 Martin Leduc
From: Martin Leduc @ 2016-01-08  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello orgers,

I'm wondering how to do a simple copy/paste of a todo list from
org-mode. For instance, when I'm producing the list of all my TODOs with
C-c a t, and then filtering it using a given tag, how can I simply copy
and paste the resulting TODO list from the "Org Agenda" buffer into
another one (e.g. scratch) ? I tried to simply select and copy, but then
yanking into another buffer results in an un-filtered list of many TODOs
(which is nearly the same as the first one constructed from C-c a t, but
excludes all TODOs that appear before the first entry retained by the
filter). I also tried with org-copy-visible, but still no success.

Anybody could explain me how to do this simple task ?

Thanks a lot,
Martin

* Re: Simple copy/paste of an agenda TODO list
@ 2016-01-08 15:40 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-01-08 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Martin Leduc <ldcmrtn@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello orgers,
>
> I'm wondering how to do a simple copy/paste of a todo list from
> org-mode. For instance, when I'm producing the list of all my TODOs
> with C-c a t, and then filtering it using a given tag, how can I
> simply copy and paste the resulting TODO list from the "Org Agenda"
> buffer into another one (e.g. scratch) ? I tried to simply select and
> copy, but then yanking into another buffer results in an un-filtered
> list of many TODOs (which is nearly the same as the first one
> constructed from C-c a t, but excludes all TODOs that appear before
> the first entry retained by the filter). I also tried with
> org-copy-visible, but still no success.
>
> Anybody could explain me how to do this simple task ?

C-x C-w (bound to org-agenda-write).

--
Nick

* Re: Simple copy/paste of an agenda TODO list
@ 2016-01-08 20:47   ` Martin Leduc
From: Martin Leduc @ 2016-01-08 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2016-01-08 10:40 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Martin Leduc <ldcmrtn@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello orgers,
>>
>> I'm wondering how to do a simple copy/paste of a todo list from
>> org-mode. For instance, when I'm producing the list of all my TODOs
>> with C-c a t, and then filtering it using a given tag, how can I
>> simply copy and paste the resulting TODO list from the "Org Agenda"
>> buffer into another one (e.g. scratch) ? I tried to simply select and
>> copy, but then yanking into another buffer results in an un-filtered
>> list of many TODOs (which is nearly the same as the first one
>> constructed from C-c a t, but excludes all TODOs that appear before
>> the first entry retained by the filter). I also tried with
>> org-copy-visible, but still no success.
>>
>> Anybody could explain me how to do this simple task ?
>>

> C-x C-w (bound to org-agenda-write).
>
> --
> Nick

Thanks for your response Nick, with the new org 8.3.3, org-agenda-write
does nearly the what I want: it selects the right filtered list of
TODOs. However, it exports all TODO's subtrees, while I want to copy
only the list of TODOs as it appears in the agenda view. Any other ideas ?

* Re: Simple copy/paste of an agenda TODO list
@ 2016-01-08 22:09     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-01-08 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Martin Leduc <ldcmrtn@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2016-01-08 10:40 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Martin Leduc <ldcmrtn@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello orgers,
>>>
>>> I'm wondering how to do a simple copy/paste of a todo list from
>>> org-mode. For instance, when I'm producing the list of all my TODOs
>>> with C-c a t, and then filtering it using a given tag, how can I
>>> simply copy and paste the resulting TODO list from the "Org Agenda"
>>> buffer into another one (e.g. scratch) ? I tried to simply select and
>>> copy, but then yanking into another buffer results in an un-filtered
>>> list of many TODOs (which is nearly the same as the first one
>>> constructed from C-c a t, but excludes all TODOs that appear before
>>> the first entry retained by the filter). I also tried with
>>> org-copy-visible, but still no success.
>>>
>>> Anybody could explain me how to do this simple task ?
>>>

>> C-x C-w (bound to org-agenda-write).
>>
>> --
>> Nick
>>

> Thanks for your response Nick, with the new org 8.3.3,
> org-agenda-write does nearly the what I want: it selects the right
> filtered list of TODOs. However, it exports all TODO's subtrees, while
> I want to copy only the list of TODOs as it appears in the agenda
> view. Any other ideas ?

C-h f org-agenda-write RET says:

,----
| If the extension is .org, collect all subtrees
| corresponding to the agenda entries and add them in an .org file.
`----

so IIUC, all you have to do is use a file name that does not have
a .org extension.

--
Nick

* Re: Simple copy/paste of an agenda TODO list
@ 2016-01-09  0:58       ` Martin Leduc
From: Martin Leduc @ 2016-01-09  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2016-01-08 05:09 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Martin Leduc <ldcmrtn@gmail.com> writes:

>>> C-x C-w (bound to org-agenda-write).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nick
>>>

>> Thanks for your response Nick, with the new org 8.3.3,
>> org-agenda-write does nearly the what I want: it selects the right
>> filtered list of TODOs. However, it exports all TODO's subtrees, while
>> I want to copy only the list of TODOs as it appears in the agenda
>> view. Any other ideas ?
>
> C-h f org-agenda-write RET says:
>
> ,----
> | If the extension is .org, collect all subtrees
> | corresponding to the agenda entries and add them in an .org file.
> `----
>
> so IIUC, all you have to do is use a file name that does not have
> a .org extension.
>
> --
> Nick

As simple as that ;) Thank you.