emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Another stupid one -- archiving and reports
@ 2010-04-26  0:40 David Frascone
From: David Frascone @ 2010-04-26  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use org mode to keep track of my daily projects . . what I'm working on,
etc.  I tag work related items, and, when I export to html, only work items
are exported.

What I'd like to do, however, is only export things that have changed, or
have been dated in the last week.

Similarly, I'd like to archive off old completed tasks.

Could someone point me to how to do these things . . . I'm sure it's
documented somewhere :)

-Dave

* Re: Another stupid one -- archiving and reports
@ 2010-04-26  9:20 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-26  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Frascone; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Frascone <dave@frascone.com> writes:
> I use org mode to keep track of my daily projects . . what I'm working on,
> etc.  I tag work related items, and, when I export to html, only work items
> are exported.
>
> What I'd like to do, however, is only export things that have changed, or
> have been dated in the last week.
>
> Similarly, I'd like to archive off old completed tasks.
>
> Could someone point me to how to do these things . . . I'm sure it's
> documented somewhere :)

M-x customize-group RET org-publish RET

See the last two entries on that page.

Set the "Org Publish Timestamp Directory" and "Org Publish use
Timestamps Flag" to `on'.

From now on, Org-mode will publish only files, that changed since the
last time you published.

Sebastian

* Re: Another stupid one -- archiving and reports
@ 2010-04-26 14:58 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-04-26 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Frascone; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Frascone <dave@frascone.com> writes:

> Similarly, I'd like to archive off old completed tasks.
>
> Could someone point me to how to do these things . . . I'm sure it's
> documented somewhere :)

(info "(org) Archiving")

- Matt

* Re: Another stupid one -- archiving and reports
@ 2010-04-26 19:19   ` David Frascone
From: David Frascone @ 2010-04-26 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de>wrote:

> David Frascone <dave@frascone.com> writes:
> > I use org mode to keep track of my daily projects . . what I'm working
> on,
> > etc.  I tag work related items, and, when I export to html, only work
> items
> > are exported.
> >
> > What I'd like to do, however, is only export things that have changed, or
> > have been dated in the last week.
> >
> > Similarly, I'd like to archive off old completed tasks.
> >
> > Could someone point me to how to do these things . . . I'm sure it's
> > documented somewhere :)
>

> M-x customize-group RET org-publish RET
>

> See the last two entries on that page.
>
> Set the "Org Publish Timestamp Directory" and "Org Publish use
> Timestamps Flag" to `on'.
>
> From now on, Org-mode will publish only files, that changed since the
> last time you published.

Those are both already set.  Currently, I'm only using one file.  I'm not
sure how to use multiples yet (sorry . . such a n00b) :)

I was hoping to report based on changed bullets in the same file.

@ 2010-04-26 19:21   ` David Frascone
From: David Frascone @ 2010-04-26 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode