emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* C-c l failing to create link in BBDB??
       [not found] <20070509130557.C9E60580@mailgate.ll.iac.es>
@ 2007-05-10 12:06 ` Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2007-05-10 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

before my query, let me say that ORG just rocks... I've been using for a couple
of weeks now, and I'm not looking back...

Now, about my problem. I've got ORG 4.71, Emacs 21.3.1 and BBDB 2.35. When I
insert by hand a link to a bbdb record, such as

[[bbdb:Emma Mallon][Emma]]

all is well, and the link works fine. BUT, when I try to automatically generate
the link to this record from within the BBDB buffer by pressing C-c l I get the
following error:

Invalid function: (macro . #[(vector) "Á^HÂE\207" [vector aref 3] 3])

Any idea what could be wrong? (Automatically generating links in regular files
or in Gnus articles works fine. So far it seems that it just complains in BBDB
files).

Thanks,
Ángel de Vicente
--
----------------------------------
http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/

PostDoc Software Support
Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias

* Re: C-c l failing to create link in BBDB??
@ 2007-05-10 17:17   ` Thomas Baumann
From: Thomas Baumann @ 2007-05-10 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Angel de Vicente <angelv@iac.es> writes:

> Hi,
>
> before my query, let me say that ORG just rocks... I've been using for a couple
> of weeks now, and I'm not looking back...
>
> Now, about my problem. I've got ORG 4.71, Emacs 21.3.1 and BBDB 2.35. When I
> insert by hand a link to a bbdb record, such as
>
> [[bbdb:Emma Mallon][Emma]]
>
> all is well, and the link works fine. BUT, when I try to automatically generate
> the link to this record from within the BBDB buffer by pressing C-c l I get the
> following error:
>
> Invalid function: (macro . #[(vector) "Á^HÂE\207" [vector aref 3] 3])
>
> Any idea what could be wrong? (Automatically generating links in regular files
> or in Gnus articles works fine. So far it seems that it just complains in BBDB
> files).

Could it be that there is a mismatch between the coding systems?
Things are working ok here (org 4.73, bbdb from cvs, emacs 22.1.50)

Thomas

* Re: Re: C-c l failing to create link in BBDB??
@ 2007-05-14 11:48     ` Angel de Vicente
From: Angel de Vicente @ 2007-05-14 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

> Could it be that there is a mismatch between the coding systems?
> Things are working ok here (org 4.73, bbdb from cvs, emacs 22.1.50)

Yes, apparently that was the trick. I'm not sure exactly what was causing the
problem, but I started over with a fresh .bbdb file, and copied the old records
in there, and now it is working as expected.

Cheers,
Ángel de Vicente