emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* mailto link for the #+email keyword: Suppressing backslash and braces "escaping" for latex exports
@ 2018-02-25 18:01 H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2018-02-25 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear orgers,

I'd like to have a clickable mailto link in a latex pdf export (of a
report) for the #+email:-keyword's content.

I assume this is not achievable with latex commands, for example

   #+email: \href{mailto:a@b.com}{a@b.com}

because org escapes here backslashes and the braces:

  $\backslash$href\{mailto:a@b.com\}\{a@b.com\}

Is it possible to suppress this escaping or what mechanism to achieve a
clickable mailto link would you suggest?

Thank you very much

        Dieter

PS: Already asked this on stackexchange:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/39058/8979

--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm

* Re: mailto link for the #+email keyword: Suppressing backslash and braces "escaping" for latex exports
@ 2018-02-25 22:55 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2018-02-25 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Dieter Wilhelm; +Cc: org-mode-email

I posted this on your stack exchange question:

#+latex_class: report
#+latex_header: \author{Some user \thanks{\href{mailto:bla@comp.org}{
bla@comp.org}}}

That is basically what ox-latex expands those keywords into.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2018-02-26  7:02   ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2018-02-26  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> I posted this on your stack exchange question:
>
> #+latex_class: report
> #+latex_header: \author{Some user \thanks{\href{mailto:bla@comp.org}{bla@comp.org}}}

Perfect, thanks a lot John!

Hmm, I'm asking now myself how can I get a mailto link for an html
export as well? ;-)

       Dieter
[...]

@ 2018-02-26 15:29     ` John Kitchin