emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Filling a list of dates in a spreadsheet
@ 2016-02-04  1:56 Cameron Horsburgh
From: Cameron Horsburgh @ 2016-02-04  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hi folks,

I'm putting together a spreadsheet in org-mode. This is the general format:

|----------------------+---------------+--------------------|
| Date                 | Field One     | Field Two          |
|----------------------+---------------+--------------------|
| [2016-02-07 Sun]     |               |                    |
| [2016-02-14 Sun]     |               |                    |
| [A few lines]        |               |                    |
| [A few more lines]   |               |                    |
| [2016-12-25 Sun]     |               |                    |
|----------------------+---------------+--------------------+

The date column needs to have a list of dates for every Sunday this year.
In a traditional spreadsheet program there would be a function to 'fill'
the series of dates automatically. I can't see anything in org-mode that
would do this. Am I missing something, or will I just have to do it
manually?

Thanks!

Cameron Horsburgh

* Re: Filling a list of dates in a spreadsheet
@ 2016-02-04  8:13 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2016-02-04  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cameron Horsburgh; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Hi,

S-<RET> (Shift-Return) is your friend. After you've entered the first
two dates, move down to the third row (which needs to be empty), and hit
S-<RET>. You can continue pressing S-<RET> without moving down a row
each time.

Yours,
Christian

@ 2016-02-10  9:38   ` Cameron Horsburgh