emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [babel] noweb expansion in latex source blocks
@ 2009-11-01  4:09 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2009-11-01  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Aloha all,

Noweb expansion in latex source blocks inserts spaces that can
introduce unwanted paragraph breaks in LaTeX.

The outer-block in this org file looks like something that should be
set as one paragraph in LaTeX.

* noweb expansion

#+srcname: outer-block
#+begin_src latex :tangle noweb_exp.tex
This is an observation.
<<inner-block>>
This is a conclusion.
#+end_src

#+srcname: inner-block
#+begin_src latex
This is an analysis.
#+end_src

But it tangles a LaTeX snippet with three paragraphs.

% generated by org-babel-tangle

% [[file:~/Public/projects/903_adzes/org-babel/noweb-
expansion.org::*noweb%20expansion][outer-block]]
This is an observation.

This is an analysis.

This is a conclusion.
% outer-block ends here

All the best,
Tom

* Re: [babel] noweb expansion in latex source blocks
@ 2009-11-01 19:47 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2009-11-01 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> Noweb expansion in latex source blocks inserts spaces that can
> introduce unwanted paragraph breaks in LaTeX.

Hi Tom,

I've just fixed this issue and the other one you posted, regarding
multiple references on a line. The changes will be in org-mode git
within the next few hours.

Thanks for reporting these problems.

Dan

@ 2009-11-01 21:27   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2009-11-01 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 1, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Dan Davison wrote:

> "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:
>
>> Aloha all,
>>
>> Noweb expansion in latex source blocks inserts spaces that can
>> introduce unwanted paragraph breaks in LaTeX.
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> I've just fixed this issue and the other one you posted, regarding
> multiple references on a line. The changes will be in org-mode git
> within the next few hours.
>
> Thanks for reporting these problems.
>
> Dan

Thanks Dan,

I appreciate your attention.

Tom

@ 2009-11-01 21:43     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-11-01 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Dan Davison, emacs-orgmode

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:

> On Nov 1, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Dan Davison wrote:
>
>> "Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.com> writes:
>>
>>> Aloha all,
>>>
>>> Noweb expansion in latex source blocks inserts spaces that can
>>> introduce unwanted paragraph breaks in LaTeX.
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> I've just fixed this issue and the other one you posted, regarding
>> multiple references on a line. The changes will be in org-mode git
>> within the next few hours.

these changes are now applied to the org-mode git repo.