emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-22 17:38 Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2010-04-22 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

It seems that org-mode exports invalid CSS properties for id's.

e.g. "sec-1.1" is an invalid CSS ID because it collides with the
syntax for CSS classes, meaning that you can't style it.  I'd suggest
replacing the dots with another char.

R.

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-22 21:29 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-22 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems that org-mode exports invalid CSS properties for id's.
>
> e.g. "sec-1.1" is an invalid CSS ID because it collides with the
> syntax for CSS classes, meaning that you can't style it.  I'd suggest
> replacing the dots with another char.

Hey Rick,

interesting observation! I found, the pages validate everywhere, and so
I started to search. It seems to be valid CSS 2 (I couldn't find a
evidence though).

Opera and firefox know how to handle that:

h3[id="sec-1.1"]
{
  background-color:yellow;
}

See: http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-CSS2-20080411/syndata.html#strings

Best wishes

    Sebastian

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-23  1:51   ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2010-04-23  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 22 April 2010 22:29, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
> Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hey Rick,
>
> interesting observation! I found, the pages validate everywhere, and so
> I started to search. It seems to be valid CSS 2 (I couldn't find a
> evidence though).

Looks like an inconsistency in the W3C specs, as it appears to be
invalid (or absent from) the CSS selector spec, if not elsewhere.

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/msg/ca6ecd94ad4a23bd

> Opera and firefox know how to handle that:
>

> h3[id="sec-1.1"]
> {
>  background-color:yellow;
> }

Nice to know how to reference it.

Cheers,

@ 2010-04-23  6:17     ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-23  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:

> On 22 April 2010 22:29, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> Hey Rick,
>>
>> interesting observation! I found, the pages validate everywhere, and so
>> I started to search. It seems to be valid CSS 2 (I couldn't find a
>> evidence though).
>
> Looks like an inconsistency in the W3C specs, as it appears to be
> invalid (or absent from) the CSS selector spec, if not elsewhere.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/msg/ca6ecd94ad4a23bd

Yess - and that refers to: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/grammar.html

I saw this document, but I'm not familiar with flex notation:

  chars|{chars}|{chars}

Hm - seems to be valid XHTML, but no valid CSS2... It's hard to use
in stylesheets anyway and elderly browsers will not understand

  h3[id="sec-1.1"] { }

either, will they?

We will have to change the `.' character for the IDs then...

OK then, should we switch the IDs to sec-1_1 or sec-1-1?

I like sec-1-1 better - it's easier to type :)

Best wishes

   Sebastian

>> Opera and firefox know how to handle that:
>>

>> h3[id="sec-1.1"]
>> {
>>  background-color:yellow;
>> }
>>

> Nice to know how to reference it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> R.

Sebastian  Rose      Fachinformatiker / Anwendungsentwicklung
Viktoriastr. 22      Entwicklung von Anwendungen mit freien Werkzeugen
30451  Hannover      und Bibliotheken.

0173  83 93 417      sebastian_rose@gmx.de         s.rose@emma-stil.de

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-23  6:30     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-23  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 23, 2010, at 3:51 AM, Rick Moynihan wrote:

> On 22 April 2010 22:29, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> Hey Rick,
>>
>> interesting observation! I found, the pages validate everywhere,
>> and so
>> I started to search. It seems to be valid CSS 2 (I couldn't find a
>> evidence though).
>
> Looks like an inconsistency in the W3C specs, as it appears to be
> invalid (or absent from) the CSS selector spec, if not elsewhere.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/msg/ca6ecd94ad4a23bd
>
>> Opera and firefox know how to handle that:
>>

>> h3[id="sec-1.1"]
>> {
>>  background-color:yellow;
>> }

We could change . to _ , but that would break old links, so I am
hesitating.
But of course if this really violates standards, we can change it.

Sebastian has the last word on these issues.

- Carsten

> Nice to know how to reference it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> R.

- Carsten

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-23  9:07       ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-23  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Apr 23, 2010, at 3:51 AM, Rick Moynihan wrote:
>
>> On 22 April 2010 22:29, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
>>>
>>> Hey Rick,
>>>
>>> interesting observation! I found, the pages validate everywhere, and so
>>> I started to search. It seems to be valid CSS 2 (I couldn't find a
>>> evidence though).
>>
>> Looks like an inconsistency in the W3C specs, as it appears to be
>> invalid (or absent from) the CSS selector spec, if not elsewhere.
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/msg/ca6ecd94ad4a23bd
>>
>>> Opera and firefox know how to handle that:
>>>

>>> h3[id="sec-1.1"]
>>> {
>>>  background-color:yellow;
>>> }
>
> We could change . to _ , but that would break old links, so I am hesitating.
> But of course if this really violates standards, we can change it.
>
> Sebastian has the last word on these issues.

* Links

  How many links like that will exist?
  Only links from external sites will break.
  I found one section link, but that's "sec-1"  (on de.wikipedia.org)

  Most links to certain sections use those custom IDs I guess.

* org-info.js

  I would then add the underscore to the regexp in org-info.js.
  People who use that will have to upgrade, too.

* Are there more modules involved??

sh$ grep -Fr sec- .
 org-docbook.el:(defcustom org-export-docbook-section-id-prefix "sec-"
 org-exp.el:			(format "sec-%s" (org-section-number level))))
 org-html.el:				(setq href (format "sec-%s" snumber))
 org-html.el:	(setq href (cdr (assoc (concat "sec-" snumber) org-export-preferred-target-alist)))
 org-html.el:	(setq href (or href (concat "sec-" snumber)))
 org-latex.el:		  (sec-depth (length org-export-latex-sectioning)))
 org-latex.el:	      (if (> hl-levels sec-depth) sec-depth hl-levels))))

Let's do it.

You don't want people to point on orgmode saying "They don't even use
valid CSS-IDs", do you?

And I guess most of us users will just be fine with it.

      Sebastian

@ 2010-04-23 10:01       ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2010-04-23 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 23 April 2010 07:30, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

> We could change . to _ , but that would break old links, so I am hesitating.
> But of course if this really violates standards, we can change it.
>
> Sebastian has the last word on these issues.

Unfortunately it seems that underscores, though no-longer invalid are
not without their problems either, at least according to Eric Meyer
(author of a number of CSS books):

http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/viewsource/2001/css-underscores/

Though this page is old, and the browsers listed are largely
deprecated... I don't know what modern browser support is like for
underscores... I'm guessing it's pretty good and the point is largely
moot.

As far as I can see there are three options.

1) Use underscores (against the above advice) (practically probably
not a huge issue) e.g. outline-container-1_1
2) Overload the use of hyphens to be for both spaces and .'s...  e.g
outline-container-1-1
3) Stop using hyphens for spaces and switch to camel case convention,
freeing hyphens to be substitutes for .'s e.g. outlineContainer1-1.
This option seems like the best design, though it completely blows
backwards compatability away so is probably a non-starter.  Leaving us
with 1) or 2).

Personally I think *if* underscores aren't a problem for modern
browsers, ie8, firefox 3.5+, recent opera's safari and chrome we use
them.

@ 2010-04-23 10:46         ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-23 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
> As far as I can see there are three options.
>
> 1) Use underscores (against the above advice) (practically probably
> not a huge issue) e.g. outline-container-1_1
> 2) Overload the use of hyphens to be for both spaces and .'s...  e.g
> outline-container-1-1
> 3) Stop using hyphens for spaces and switch to camel case convention,
> freeing hyphens to be substitutes for .'s e.g. outlineContainer1-1.
> This option seems like the best design, though it completely blows
> backwards compatability away so is probably a non-starter.  Leaving us
> with 1) or 2).
>
> Personally I think *if* underscores aren't a problem for modern
> browsers, ie8, firefox 3.5+, recent opera's safari and chrome we use
> them.

Allright then.

He says:

  "Internet Explorer 6 for Windows, published after the errata, permits
   underscores and escaped underscores."

So do IE4x and IE5x.
Internet Explorer seems not to be the problem? IE7+ anyone?

   "Opera 3.x through 5.x does not recognize underscores or escaped
   underscores, and so acts the same as Navigator 4.x in this regard."

Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?

The appended testfile works in Opera10 an FF 3.6. Is there something
missing?

   Sebastian

[-- Attachment #2: test.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 618 bytes --]

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-23 11:00           ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2010-04-23 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

On 23 April 2010 11:46, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
> Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?

I personally don't care for older browsers, though others may differ here.

> The appended testfile works in Opera10 an FF 3.6. Is there something
> missing?

It works also in Safari 4, and Chrome (both webkit based so you'd
expect it to work).  So this seems fine to me.

@ 2010-04-23 12:22             ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2010-04-23 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Carsten Dominik

On 23 April 2010 12:00, Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 April 2010 11:46, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?
>
> I personally don't care for older browsers, though others may differ here.
>
>> The appended testfile works in Opera10 an FF 3.6. Is there something
>> missing?
>
> It works also in Safari 4, and Chrome (both webkit based so you'd
> expect it to work).  So this seems fine to me.

On the topic of CSS id's, is it possible to set a property on a
headline to set the CSS id/class for the outline-container div? e.g.

* Navigation
:PROPERTIES:
:CSS_ID: navigation-bar
:CSS_CLASS: side-bar
:END:

@ 2010-04-23 12:29             ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-04-23 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:

> On 23 April 2010 11:46, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?
>
> I personally don't care for older browsers, though others may differ
> here.

+1 : Don't support them. We'd never get anywhere in SW if we kept
looking for compatibility with old broken applications. Let the
curmudgeons upgrade ;)

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-23 15:24               ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-23 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 23, 2010, at 2:22 PM, Rick Moynihan wrote:

> On 23 April 2010 12:00, Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23 April 2010 11:46, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?
>>
>> I personally don't care for older browsers, though others may
>> differ here.
>>
>>> The appended testfile works in Opera10 an FF 3.6. Is there something
>>> missing?
>>
>> It works also in Safari 4, and Chrome (both webkit based so you'd
>> expect it to work).  So this seems fine to me.
>>

> On the topic of CSS id's, is it possible to set a property on a
> headline to set the CSS id/class for the outline-container div? e.g.
>
> * Navigation
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CSS_ID: navigation-bar
> :CSS_CLASS: side-bar
> :END:

You can already use the HTML_CONTAINER_CLASS property.  And for an ID,
I think CUSTOM_ID will work.

- Carsten

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-23 15:25           ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-23 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 23, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
>> As far as I can see there are three options.
>>
>> 1) Use underscores (against the above advice) (practically probably
>> not a huge issue) e.g. outline-container-1_1
>> 2) Overload the use of hyphens to be for both spaces and .'s...  e.g
>> outline-container-1-1
>> 3) Stop using hyphens for spaces and switch to camel case convention,
>> freeing hyphens to be substitutes for .'s e.g. outlineContainer1-1.
>> This option seems like the best design, though it completely blows
>> backwards compatability away so is probably a non-starter.  Leaving
>> us
>> with 1) or 2).
>>
>> Personally I think *if* underscores aren't a problem for modern
>> browsers, ie8, firefox 3.5+, recent opera's safari and chrome we use
>> them.
>
> Allright then.
>

> He says:
>
>  "Internet Explorer 6 for Windows, published after the errata, permits
>   underscores and escaped underscores."
>
> So do IE4x and IE5x.
> Internet Explorer seems not to be the problem? IE7+ anyone?
>

>   "Opera 3.x through 5.x does not recognize underscores or escaped
>   underscores, and so acts the same as Navigator 4.x in this regard."
>
> Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?

I don't think so.

- Carsten

> The appended testfile works in Opera10 an FF 3.6. Is there something
> missing?
>

>   Sebastian
>

> <test.html>

- Carsten

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-24  0:14             ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-24  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 23, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Rick Moynihan wrote:

> On 23 April 2010 11:46, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?
>
> I personally don't care for older browsers, though others may differ
> here.
>
>> The appended testfile works in Opera10 an FF 3.6. Is there something
>> missing?
>
> It works also in Safari 4, and Chrome (both webkit based so you'd
> expect it to work).  So this seems fine to me.
>
> R.

Can one of you please summarize what the conclusion is?

Thanks.

- Carsten

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-24  8:58               ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-24  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Apr 23, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Rick Moynihan wrote:
>
>> On 23 April 2010 11:46, Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Very old browsers. Do we have to support them?
>>
>> I personally don't care for older browsers, though others may differ here.
>>
>>> The appended testfile works in Opera10 an FF 3.6. Is there something
>>> missing?
>>
>> It works also in Safari 4, and Chrome (both webkit based so you'd
>> expect it to work).  So this seems fine to me.
>>
>> R.
>

> Can one of you please summarize what the conclusion is?

Since there were no objections in 24 hours: let's switch to

 sec-1
 sec-1_1
 sec-1_2

org-info.js is ready and tested (backward compatible). I'll document the
change there and push.

   Sebastian

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-24 11:25                 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-24 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

here's a patch for org-html.el to fix those IDs.

  sec-1.2    =>  sec-1_2
  sec-1.2.3  =>  sec-1_2_3

[-- Attachment #2: org-html.el_valid-CSS-IDs.patch --]
[-- Type: text/x-diff, Size: 1277 bytes --]

diff --git a/lisp/org-html.el b/lisp/org-html.el
index 71f62eb..133bffa 100644
--- a/lisp/org-html.el
+++ b/lisp/org-html.el
@@ -871,7 +871,9 @@ lang=\"%s\" xml:lang=\"%s\">
 					      t t line)))
 				(while (string-match "&lt;\\(&lt;\\)+\\|&gt;\\(&gt;\\)+" txt)
 				  (setq txt (replace-match "" t t txt)))
-				(setq href (format "sec-%s" snumber))
+				(setq href
+				      (replace-regexp-in-string
+				       "\\." "_" (format "sec-%s" snumber)))
 				(setq href (or (cdr (assoc href org-export-preferred-target-alist)) href))
 				(push
 				 (format
@@ -2085,8 +2087,11 @@ When TITLE is nil, just close all open levels."
 			 " " title)))
 	(unless (= head-count 1) (insert "\n</div>\n"))
 	(setq href (cdr (assoc (concat "sec-" snumber) org-export-preferred-target-alist)))
-	(setq suffix (or href snumber))
-	(setq href (or href (concat "sec-" snumber)))
+	(setq suffix (or href
+			 (replace-regexp-in-string "\\." "_" snumber)))
+	(setq href (or href
+		       (replace-regexp-in-string
+			"\\." "_" (concat "sec-" snumber))))
 	(insert (format "\n<div id=\"outline-container-%s\" class=\"outline-%d%s\">\n<h%d id=\"%s\">%s%s</h%d>\n<div class=\"outline-text-%d\" id=\"text-%s\">\n"
 			suffix level (if extra-class (concat " " extra-class) "")
 			level href

Who ever uses org-info.js will have to pull the new (but backward
compatible) version from

   http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/org-info.js

provided this or something similar gets applied. Please give the server
a while to run the publishing before downloading (I guess 2 hours are
enough). It's now ...

$ date -u
Sa 24. Apr 11:13:26 UTC 2010

Best wishes

  Sebastian

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-24 12:23                   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-24 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastian,

I need to ask:

What exactly are we changing?  just the class names? of the id and
names as well?  Will links have to be changed?

- Carsten

- Carsten

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-24 12:42                     ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-24 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> I need to ask:
>
> What exactly are we changing?  just the class names? of the id and names as
> well?  Will links have to be changed?

We are changing the values of the `id' attributes inside html tags.

  - in headlines (<h3 id="sec-HERE" ...> and similar)
  - in the containers
      and

   - and thus the links in the table-of-contents:
    <li><a href="#sec-HERE">1.2.1

Every HERE was e.g. `1.2.1' and will be from now on `1_2_1'.

I'm not aware of any other cases, the XHTML-exporter creates IDs with
dots.

The *custom IDs are not meant to break*, so I'd be glad for everyone to
have an eye on this.

Also, this change will *not* affect any of the default styles set by
Org-mode's exporter.

Cases where users stylesheets are affected by this change will be _very_
rare for obvious reasons: One would have to use a slightly odd
CSS-selector to match an element by (illegal) id="sec-1.2.1".

Best wishes

    Sebastian

@ 2010-04-24 15:36                   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-24 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

He Sebastian,

I believe we need a bit more - here is my patch - can you please take
a look?
Thanks!

- Carsten

	Modified lisp/org-docbook.el
diff --git a/lisp/org-docbook.el b/lisp/org-docbook.el
index de9ffcc..bb8d048 100644
--- a/lisp/org-docbook.el
+++ b/lisp/org-docbook.el
@@ -1228,7 +1228,8 @@ When TITLE is nil, just close all open levels."
        (setq section-number (org-section-number level))
  		      org-export-docbook-section-id-prefix
-		      section-number title))
+		      (replace-regexp-in-string "\\." "_" section-number)
+		      title))
        (org-export-docbook-open-para))))

  (defun org-docbook-expand (string)
	Modified lisp/org-exp.el
diff --git a/lisp/org-exp.el b/lisp/org-exp.el
index da8e1a4..44bde65 100644
--- a/lisp/org-exp.el
+++ b/lisp/org-exp.el
@@ -1239,7 +1239,9 @@ Also find all ID and CUSTOM_ID propertiess and
store them."
  		       (save-excursion (goto-char (point-at-bol))
  				       (org-outline-level))))
  	  (setq target (org-solidify-link-text
-			(format "sec-%s" (org-section-number level))))
+			(format "sec-%s" (replace-regexp-in-string
+					  "\\." "_"
+					  (org-section-number level)))))
  	  (setq last-section-target target)
  	  (push (cons target target) target-alist)
  	  (add-text-properties
	Modified lisp/org-html.el
diff --git a/lisp/org-html.el b/lisp/org-html.el
index 71f62eb..92798d2 100644
--- a/lisp/org-html.el
+++ b/lisp/org-html.el
@@ -871,7 +871,9 @@ lang=\"%s\" xml:lang=\"%s\">
  					      t t line)))
  				(while (string-match "&lt;\\(&lt;\\)+\\|&gt;\\(&gt;\\)+" txt)
  				  (setq txt (replace-match "" t t txt)))
-				(setq href (format "sec-%s" snumber))
+				(setq href
+				      (replace-regexp-in-string
+				       "\\." "_" (format "sec-%s" snumber)))
  				(setq href (or (cdr (assoc href org-export-preferred-target-
alist)) href))
  				(push
  				 (format
@@ -2027,7 +2029,7 @@ When TITLE is nil, just close all open levels."
  			 (cdr (assoc target org-export-preferred-target-alist))))
  	 (remove (or preferred target))
  	 (l org-level-max)
-	 snumber href suffix)
+	 snumber snu href suffix)
      (setq extra-targets (remove remove extra-targets))
      (setq extra-targets
  	  (mapconcat (lambda (x)
@@ -2076,7 +2078,8 @@ When TITLE is nil, just close all open levels."
  			  extra-targets title "<br/>\n")
  	(aset org-levels-open (1- level) t)
-	(setq snumber (org-section-number level))
+	(setq snumber (org-section-number level)
+	      snu (replace-regexp-in-string "\\." "_" snumber))
  	(setq level (+ level org-export-html-toplevel-hlevel -1))
  	(if (and org-export-with-section-numbers (not body-only))
  	    (setq title (concat
@@ -2084,9 +2087,9 @@ When TITLE is nil, just close all open levels."
  				 level snumber)
  			 " " title)))
  	(unless (= head-count 1) (insert "\n</div>\n"))
-	(setq href (cdr (assoc (concat "sec-" snumber) org-export-preferred-
target-alist)))
-	(setq suffix (or href snumber))
-	(setq href (or href (concat "sec-" snumber)))
+	(setq href (cdr (assoc (concat "sec-" snu) org-export-preferred-
target-alist)))
+	(setq suffix (or href snu))

- Carsten

* Re: org-mode CSS property export bug
@ 2010-04-25 10:27                     ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-04-25 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten,

this looks all OK to me. Tested and works.

   Sebastian

@ 2010-04-25 12:08                       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-25 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

OK, it has been applied now, and I have re-published everything on
orgmode.org, including Worg, to make problems with this show up as
quickly as possible.

Thanks!

- Carsten

@ 2010-04-26  9:46                         ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2010-04-26  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 25 April 2010 13:08, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, it has been applied now, and I have re-published everything on
> orgmode.org, including Worg, to make problems with this show up as quickly
> as possible.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Carsten

Thanks for the quick fix on this!  :-)