emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* department logo/header image in koma/latex export?
@ 2015-12-05 10:16 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-12-05 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all

i am looking into using koma and orgmode to export to recommendation
letters.
Does anyone have an example of adding a department logo/header image to the
top of the page and/or bottom?
i have zero latex knowledge so this maybe trivial :)

best

* Re: department logo/header image in koma/latex export?
@ 2015-12-05 13:48 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-12-05 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

On Saturday,  5 Dec 2015 at 12:16, Xebar Saram wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i am looking into using koma and orgmode to export to recommendation
> letters.
> Does anyone have an example of adding a department logo/header image to the
> top of the page and/or bottom?

You can redefined \firsthead and/or \firstfoot to whatever you want them
to be in your own LCO file for koma letters.  For instance, I have the
following in my firsthead:

#+begin_src latex
  \firsthead{%
    ~

    \vspace*{1cm}\hspace*{-2cm}\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth]{/home/ucecesf/synced/cartas/ucl-line-logo}

    \vspace*{-4cm}
    \usekomavar{fromaddress}

    \usekomavar{fromname}

   }
#+end_src

> i have zero latex knowledge so this maybe trivial :)

Nontrivial with or without LaTeX knowledge...

My magical incantation above, requiring moving backwards in the page, is
because the UCL logo for letterheads is the full width of the page.

I specify the LCO to use in the org file with

  #+lco: fraga

The other alternative in LaTeX is to use the textpos package which
allows you to place arbitrary text boxes anywhere on the page.

HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.2-363-g5c13a6

* Re: department logo/header image in koma/latex export?
@ 2015-12-07 13:31 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2015-12-07 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xebar Saram; +Cc: org mode

On 2015-12-05 11:16, Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all
>
> i am looking into using koma and orgmode to export to recommendation letters.
> Does anyone have an example of adding a department logo/header image to the
> top of the page and/or bottom?

Eric already replied, but here is another example that I use for my work
letters.

#+begin_src latex
\ProvidesFile{InriaRennesEN.lco}

\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage{xltxtra}

\KOMAoption{fromalign}{right}

\setkomavar{fromname}{Alan Schmitt}
\setkomavar{fromaddress}{Celtique Project\\Inria Rennes}
\setkomavar{place}{Rennes}

\setkomavar{signature}{\includegraphics[width=2.5cm]{AlanSig}\\Alan Schmitt\\Researcher, Celtique team}
\renewcommand*{\raggedsignature}{\raggedleft}
\@setplength{sigindent}{30em}
\@setplength{sigbeforevskip}{1em}

\KOMAoptions{fromlogo=true,subject=left,addrfield=false,foldmarks=off,fromemail=true}
\setkomavar{fromlogo}{\includegraphics[width=59mm]{INRIA-SCIENTIFIQUE-UK}}
\@addtoplength{firstfootvpos}{-2cm}
\setkomavar{firstfoot}{\includegraphics[width=4cm]{Rennes-UK}}
\setkomavar{fromemail}{alan.schmitt@inria.fr}

\endinput
#+end_src

Best,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated December 6, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 400.80 ppm