emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-example and srcname
@ 2009-12-02 17:41 Nicolas Girard
From: Nicolas Girard @ 2009-12-02 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
when using the listings LaTeX package, it would be very useful if the
value of srcname was added to the output. For instance,

#+srcname: my_code_chunk
#+begin_src latex :results latex :exports code :tangle no
\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
#+end_src

would give:

\lstset{language=TeX}[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]
\begin{lstlisting}
\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
\end{lstlisting}

(note the added "[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]")

Cheers,
Nicolas

* Re: [babel] Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-example and srcname
@ 2009-12-02 20:23 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-12-02 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Girard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nicolas,

There have been a couple of requests for this functionality, and the
main slowdown in not previously implementing this as part of the
org-babel source block export was not having a good standard way to
specify the srcname (or possibly header arguments) in HTML LaTeX and
ASCII export.  The LaTeX caption option you mentioned below looks like a
good solution for users who are using the listings package.

A previous suggestion was to use macros which the user could overdefine
to customize the behavior.  I do not know much about org-mode export
macros but this approach sounds promising to me.

Thanks for providing more motivation for this development.  If you have
any more suggestions I'd be interested to hear them.

Best -- Eric

Nicolas Girard <nicolas.girard@nerim.net> writes:

> Hi,
> when using the listings LaTeX package, it would be very useful if the
> value of srcname was added to the output. For instance,
>
> #+srcname: my_code_chunk
> #+begin_src latex :results latex :exports code :tangle no
> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
> #+end_src
>
> would give:
>
> \lstset{language=TeX}[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]
> \begin{lstlisting}
> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
> \end{lstlisting}
>
> (note the added "[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]")
>
> Cheers,
> Nicolas

* Re: Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-example and srcname
@ 2009-12-17  7:40 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-12-17  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Girard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi

> Hi,
> when using the listings LaTeX package, it would be very useful if the
> value of srcname was added to the output. For instance,
>
> #+srcname: my_code_chunk
> #+begin_src latex :results latex :exports code :tangle no
> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
> #+end_src
>
> would give:
>
> \lstset{language=TeX}[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]
> \begin{lstlisting}
> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
> \end{lstlisting}
>
> (note the added "[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]")
>
> Cheers, Nicolas

Is there anyone besides Nicolas what would like to see the source name
in the exported listing?

Is that something that should be done in org-babel, or in the normal
export stuff?

- Carsten

On Dec 2, 2009, at 6:41 PM, Nicolas Girard wrote:

- Carsten

* Re: Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-example and srcname
@ 2009-12-17  9:17   ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2009-12-17  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten and Nicolas,

(BTW, Nicolas, excellent modifications made to the agenda look & feel!)

Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> when using the listings LaTeX package, it would be very useful if the
>> value of srcname was added to the output. For instance,
>>
>> #+srcname: my_code_chunk
>> #+begin_src latex :results latex :exports code :tangle no
>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
>> #+end_src
>>
>> would give:
>>
>> \lstset{language=TeX}[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]
>> \begin{lstlisting}
>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
>> \end{lstlisting}
>>
>> (note the added "[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]")
>
> Is there anyone besides Nicolas what would like to see the source name in
> the exported listing?

Yes! This is not only desired, but -- for me -- completely required: without
it, you simply can't do real literate programming documentation...

An example of how it would be nice to be (using NoWeb):

    http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/ecm-noweb.pdf

See my (unanswered) thread of 2009-12-04 at 12:13: "[babel] Org-babel vs NoWeb
(and the like)".

> Is that something that should be done in org-babel, or in the normal export
> stuff?

I would answer Org-babel, but if there is one thing I'm sure of, is that I
don't understand all the implications of my answer. So, take it with low
consideration.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Re: Feature request: org-export-format-source-code-or-example and srcname
@ 2010-01-05 15:56     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-01-05 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

A first pass at this functionality has just been deployed.  The current
solution is very simple, but from here it should be relatively easy to
improve the look and feel of the exported names.

As described here [1], when exporting to html the source-name will be
included in a <label> element immediately preceding the <pre> block
containing the code, so

#+source: square
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var input=1
  (* input input)
#+end_src

will export to

<label class="org-src-name">square</label>
<pre class="src src-emacs-lisp">
</pre>

and in LaTeX the source-name will be added as a listings title element,
so the above block will export to the following LaTeX.

\lstset{language=Lisp}\begin{lstlisting}[title={square}]
(* input input)
\end{lstlisting}

Please let me know how this should be improved.

Thanks -- Eric

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> Hi Carsten and Nicolas,
>
> (BTW, Nicolas, excellent modifications made to the agenda look & feel!)
>
> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>>> when using the listings LaTeX package, it would be very useful if the
>>> value of srcname was added to the output. For instance,
>>>
>>> #+srcname: my_code_chunk
>>> #+begin_src latex :results latex :exports code :tangle no
>>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> would give:
>>>
>>> \lstset{language=TeX}[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]
>>> \begin{lstlisting}
>>> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra}
>>> \end{lstlisting}
>>>
>>> (note the added "[caption={my\_code\_chunk}]")
>>
>> Is there anyone besides Nicolas what would like to see the source name in
>> the exported listing?
>
> Yes! This is not only desired, but -- for me -- completely required: without
> it, you simply can't do real literate programming documentation...
>
> An example of how it would be nice to be (using NoWeb):
>
>     http://www.mygooglest.com/sva/ecm-noweb.pdf
>
> See my (unanswered) thread of 2009-12-04 at 12:13: "[babel] Org-babel vs NoWeb
> (and the like)".
>

>> Is that something that should be done in org-babel, or in the normal export
>> stuff?
>
> I would answer Org-babel, but if there is one thing I'm sure of, is that I
> don't understand all the implications of my answer. So, take it with low
> consideration.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Footnotes: