emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Default html export css styles?
@ 2015-09-01 15:52 Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2015-09-01 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I do an HTML export of my org buffer, it produces a default css
section in the head:

 <!--/*--><![CDATA[/*><!--*/
  .title  { text-align: center;
             margin-bottom: .2em; }
  .subtitle { text-align: center;
              font-size: medium;
              font-weight: bold;
              margin-top:0; }
. . .

The docs (http://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html#CSS-support) seem to
be saying this can be overridden by a style sheet I may want to add. Is
this an accurate assumption. In other words, in my own stylesheet.css I can
make the border and drop shadow around a code block result go away by
overriding it. Correct?

What is producing this default css styling and how can I change it directly?

LB

* Re: Default html export css styles?
@ 2015-09-01 17:09 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-09-01 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lawrence Bottorff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tuesday,  1 Sep 2015 at 15:52, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:
> When I do an HTML export of my org buffer, it produces a default css
> section in the head:

[...]

> What is producing this default css styling and how can I change it directly?

It's a constant, ~org-html-style-default~, defined in ox-html.el.

Assuming you are using a recent enough org, you can override whether
this is included:

,----[ C-h v org-html-head-include-default-style RET ]

`----

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.2, Org release_8.3.1-176-g45abec

* Re: Default html export css styles?
@ 2015-09-01 17:15 ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2015-09-01 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 09/01/2015 11:52 AM, Lawrence Bottorff wrote:
> When I do an HTML export of my org buffer, it produces a default css
> section in the head:

>   <!--/*--><![CDATA[/*><!--*/
>    .title  { text-align: center;
>               margin-bottom: .2em; }
>    .subtitle { text-align: center;
>                font-size: medium;
>                font-weight: bold;
>                margin-top:0; }
> . . .
>
> The docs (http://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html#CSS-support) seem
> to be saying this can be overridden by a style sheet I may want to add.
> Is this an accurate assumption. In other words, in my own stylesheet.css
> I can make the border and drop shadow around a code block result go away
> by overriding it. Correct?
>
> What is producing this default css styling and how can I change it directly?
>
> LB
You can prevent org from exporting the default stylesheet by putting the
following in your initialization file:

(setq org-html-head-include-default-style nil)

Then you can include your own stylesheet by putting something like the
following into your org file:

#+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css">

Scott Randby

* Re: Default html export css styles?
@ 2015-09-01 19:03   ` Lawrence Bottorff
From: Lawrence Bottorff @ 2015-09-01 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

So this default stuff is located in ox-html.el I'm guessing. If I wanted to
override the default behavior of putting a border and a gray bar around a
source code block, there really isn't a specific Org Export HTML
customization entry for that. I'd just have to figure out how to override
the specific css in the generated default css at the top of my exported
HTML, correct? I'm not sure which thing I'm supposed to tweak per this
<http://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html#CSS-support> but it must be one
of them. In the meantime, I stuck this into my stylesheet.css and it seemed
to work. Is the usual thing to simply turn off ox-html and roll your own?

pre {
    border: none;
    box-shadow: none;
  }

* Re: Default html export css styles?
@ 2015-09-01 19:57     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2015-09-01 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lawrence Bottorff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Lawrence Bottorff <borgauf@gmail.com> writes:

> So this default stuff is located in ox-html.el I'm guessing. If I wanted to
> override the default behavior of putting a border and a gray bar around a
> source code block, there really isn't a specific Org Export HTML
> customization entry for that. I'd just have to figure out how to override
> the specific css in the generated default css at the top of my exported
> HTML, correct? I'm not sure which thing I'm supposed to tweak per this
> <http://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html#CSS-support> but it must be one
> of them. In the meantime, I stuck this into my stylesheet.css and it seemed
> to work. Is the usual thing to simply turn off ox-html and roll your own?

Or, use a stylesheet designed for Org-mode, e.g.,
https://github.com/fniessen/org-html-themes.git

hth,
Tom
--