emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* README for bitbucket - export to which format?
@ 2015-12-04 12:38 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-12-04 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

There are many formats available for READMEs on bitbucket, but
unfortunately not org mode (I am staying on bitbucket for private repos
and move them to github as soon as they can be made public - matter of
finances).

So what is the best export format from org for bitbucket READMEs? At the
moment I am using text (UTF8) Which works, but I would like to have
syntax highlighting and clickable links?

Thanks,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44
Cell:       +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98
Fax :       +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44

Fax (D):    +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44

email:      Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:      RMkrug

PGP: 0x0F52F982

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: README for bitbucket - export to which format?
@ 2015-12-04 13:17 ` Jeroen Tiebout
From: Jeroen Tiebout @ 2015-12-04 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

As far as I know markdown is the de facto standard for readme files on
both GitHub and BitBucket.
Org exporter does a fine job of translating your org file to .md

Hope that helps.

Jeroen

@ 2015-12-04 13:34 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-12-04 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> There are many formats available for READMEs on bitbucket, but
> unfortunately not org mode (I am staying on bitbucket for private repos
> and move them to github as soon as they can be made public - matter of
> finances).

You could try Gitlab.  It supports Org.

> So what is the best export format from org for bitbucket READMEs? At the
> moment I am using text (UTF8) Which works, but I would like to have
> syntax highlighting and clickable links?

Probably Rst or markdown...

Rasmus

--
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it

* Re: README for bitbucket - export to which format?
@ 2015-12-04 13:51   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-12-04 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> There are many formats available for READMEs on bitbucket, but
>> unfortunately not org mode (I am staying on bitbucket for private repos
>> and move them to github as soon as they can be made public - matter of
>> finances).
>
> You could try Gitlab.  It supports Org.

Interesting - looks like a alternative. Are there any other advantages
over BitBucket?

>> So what is the best export format from org for bitbucket READMEs? At the
>> moment I am using text (UTF8) Which works, but I would like to have
>> syntax highlighting and clickable links?
>
> Probably Rst or markdown...

I am using markdown - works, although I have to disable the toc.

Thanks,

Rainer

@ 2015-12-04 13:52   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-12-04 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeroen Tiebout; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jeroen Tiebout <jeroen@tinktenk.be> writes:

> As far as I know markdown is the de facto standard for readme files on
> both GitHub and BitBucket.
> Org exporter does a fine job of translating your org file to .md

Thanks - I tried it before and it did not work, =but I realized that the
toc was the problem. disabled toc export and it works fine.

Thanks,

Rainer

@ 2015-12-04 14:35     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-12-04 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rainer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

>> You could try Gitlab.  It supports Org.
>
> Interesting - looks like a alternative. Are there any other advantages
> over BitBucket?

- You can share your private repos with as many people you want
- Built in CI including production of artifacts (e.g. produce pdf of commit)
- better web interface.
- git annex support
- you can install it on your own server when you no longer feel
  comfortable with the gitlab.com installation.

Rasmus

--
Enough with the bla bla!

* Re: README for bitbucket - export to which format?
@ 2015-12-17 17:59 ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2015-12-17 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 6:38 AM, Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> wrote:

Most Git sites using the Github Flavored Markdown, and there is a
package for that in contrib: =ox-gfm=

http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/plain/contrib/lisp/ox-gfm.el

* Re: README for bitbucket - export to which format?
@ 2015-12-17 19:43   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2015-12-17 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org