emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* [BUG] Failure to run sh source block
@ 2016-04-10 20:44 Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2016-04-10 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

I've hit a couple of odd problems after updating to Emacs 24.5 and Org
8.3.4 (freshly pulled).

Trying to run a simple shell source block, e.g.

#+begin_src sh
  pwd
#+end_src

fails with this error:

org-babel-variable-assignments:sh: Symbol's function definition is void:
org-babel-get-header

Yours,
Christian

* Re: [BUG] Failure to run sh source block
@ 2016-04-10 22:05 ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2016-04-10 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Moe; +Cc: emacs-org list

On 2016-04-10 at 16:44, Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:
> I've hit a couple of odd problems after updating to Emacs 24.5 and Org
> 8.3.4 (freshly pulled).
>
> Trying to run a simple shell source block, e.g.
>
> #+begin_src sh
>   pwd
> #+end_src
>
> fails with this error:
>
> org-babel-variable-assignments:sh: Symbol's function definition is void:
> org-babel-get-header

org-babel-load-languages now uses 'shell' instead of 'sh'.

  -k.

* Re: [BUG] Failure to run sh source block
@ 2016-04-11  6:59   ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2016-04-11  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: emacs-org list

Ken Mankoff writes:

> On 2016-04-10 at 16:44, Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:
>> I've hit a couple of odd problems after updating to Emacs 24.5 and Org
>> 8.3.4 (freshly pulled).
>>
>> Trying to run a simple shell source block, e.g.
>>
>> #+begin_src sh
>>   pwd
>> #+end_src
>>
>> fails with this error:
>>
>> org-babel-variable-assignments:sh: Symbol's function definition is void:
>> org-babel-get-header
>
> org-babel-load-languages now uses 'shell' instead of 'sh'.
>
>   -k.

Thanks, I must have missed the announcement. Sorry about the noise.

Clarification needed in the manual?

Org-babel-load-languages is discussed at 14.7 ("Languages"), but the
table of identifiers on that page only has "sh", which works for the
header, but no longer for org-babel-load-languages.

Yours,
Christian