emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* auto pack empty space between last line of header and next header
@ 2015-07-29 15:57 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-07-29 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi list

i seem to get alot of empty spaces between the headers due to more then 1
empty line at the end of a header. I can manually delete all empty lines at
the end of the section which will remove the gaps but this is tiring. i was
wondering if there was any command to auto pack empty space between headers?

best

* Re: auto pack empty space between last line of header and next header
@ 2015-07-29 16:20 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-07-29 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> i seem to get alot of empty spaces between the headers due to more then 1
> empty line at the end of a header. I can manually delete all empty lines at
> the end of the section which will remove the gaps but this is tiring. i was
> wondering if there was any command to auto pack empty space between headers?

Are you talking about an exporter?  Please provide concrete examples.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Governments should be afraid of their people

* Re: auto pack empty space between last line of header and next header
@ 2015-07-29 18:10   ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-07-29 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: org mode

Sorry for not being clearer , no i dont mean when exporting but rather just
using org mode files in emacs

for example this screenshot: https://paste.xinu.at/8UBI4/

you can see the gap between the sunrise and hydra headers. i have tons of
these due to more then 1 empty line between headers

wonder if there was a way to tell org to pack these spaces or get rid of
these empty lines between headers

best

@ 2015-07-29 18:54     ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-07-29 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus, org mode

On 2015-07-29, at 20:10, Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for not being clearer , no i dont mean when exporting but rather just
> using org mode files in emacs
>
> for example this screenshot: https://paste.xinu.at/8UBI4/
>
> you can see the gap between the sunrise and hydra headers. i have tons of
> these due to more then 1 empty line between headers
>
> wonder if there was a way to tell org to pack these spaces or get rid of
> these empty lines between headers

Does (setq org-cycle-separator-lines 0) help?

> best

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: auto pack empty space between last line of header and next header
@ 2015-07-29 19:26     ` Jay Dresser
From: Jay Dresser @ 2015-07-29 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry for not being clearer , no i dont mean when exporting but rather just
using org mode files in emacs
> for example this screenshot: https://paste.xinu.at/8UBI4/
>

> you can see the gap between the sunrise and hydra headers. i have tons of
these due to more then 1 empty line between headers

> wonder if there was a way to tell org to pack these spaces or get rid of
these empty lines between headers

> best

I've seen this many times and always was due to having a blank line at the
end of a heading. Expand your "** sunrise" heading and see if there's a blank
line at the end.  I usually see it when I M-up/down move a heading.

* Re: auto pack empty space between last line of header and next header
@ 2015-07-30  4:34       ` Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2015-07-30  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: org mode, Rasmus