emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Automatic change of TODO
@ 2009-11-04 13:54 Alessandro Pacaccio
From: Alessandro Pacaccio @ 2009-11-04 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I've an outline like this:

* Project A
** TODO Task A-1 [0/3]
*** TODO Subtask A-1-a
*** TODO Subtask A-1-b
*** TODO Subtask A-1-c

where level 1 heading is the name of a project, level 2 heading is a generic
task broken into three level 3 headings.
As suggested in section 5.5 of the manual, I've hooked the org-summary-todo
function to org-after-todo-statistics-hook, in order to automatically change the
level 2 TODO to DONE when all the subtasks are DONE.
Unfortunately, when I change to DONE the first subtask, an unexpected TODO is
added to level 1 heading:

* TODO Project A
** TODO Task A-1 [1/3]
*** DONE Subtask A-1-a
*** TODO Subtask A-1-b
*** TODO Subtask A-1-c

From now on, the switch TODO->DONE or DONE/TODO applies to level 1 heading, even
if the [/] cookie in level 2 is correctly updated:

* DONE Project A
** TODO Task A-1 [3/3]
*** DONE Subtask A-1-a
*** DONE Subtask A-1-b
*** DONE Subtask A-1-c

Is there a way to apply the automatic change of TODO to the parent heading only,
as below?

* Project A
** DONE Task A-1 [3/3]
*** DONE Subtask A-1-a
*** DONE Subtask A-1-b
*** DONE Subtask A-1-c

Thank you.
- Alessandro

* Re: Automatic change of TODO
@ 2009-11-05  7:05 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-05  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alessandro Pacaccio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Alessandro,

this is a bug, fixed now.

Please verify that this works now correctly.

Thanks.

- Carsten

- Carsten

* Re: Automatic change of TODO
@ 2009-11-05 11:12   ` Alessandro Pacaccio
From: Alessandro Pacaccio @ 2009-11-05 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Alessandro,
>
> this is a bug, fixed now.
>
> Please verify that this works now correctly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Carsten

Thank you for the reply, Carsten.

I have installed the version 6.32b, but the problem still persists.

Regards.
- Alessandro

* Re: Re: Automatic change of TODO
@ 2009-11-05 12:18     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-05 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alessandro Pacaccio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 5, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Alessandro Pacaccio wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hi Alessandro,
>>
>> this is a bug, fixed now.
>>
>> Please verify that this works now correctly.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> - Carsten
>
> Thank you for the reply, Carsten.
>
> I have installed the version 6.32b, but the problem still persists.

I am fixing bugs in the git repository - it will be some time before
I will make a new tar/zip release.  But you can try orgmode.org/org-
latest.zip.
It is supposed to have the latest stuff - but I am not sure if that
actually works.
Anyone?

- Carsten

* org-latest (was:Re: Re: Automatic change of TODO)
@ 2009-11-05 13:06       ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-11-05 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alessandro Pacaccio, Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Nov 5, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Alessandro Pacaccio wrote:
>
> > Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >> this is a bug, fixed now.
> > I have installed the version 6.32b, but the problem
> > still persists.
>
> I am fixing bugs in the git repository
> But you can try  orgmode.org/org-latest.zip.
> It is supposed to have the latest stuff - but I am not sure
> if that
> actually works.
> Anyone?

I use this version and update every 3/4 days.
I think it works well.
---------citing Bastien 16 Jul 2009 22:58:34 +0200--------
AFAIK the snapshots were
done by Carsten, not by the server.  I fixed that so now
the snapshots are updated
each hour
and will be as much "close" as possible to the git repo.

  http://orgmode.org/org-latest.zip
  http://orgmode.org/org-latest.tar.gz

(Old org-snapshot.* still available.)

But of course, it's less overhead to pull from git when
possible.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-07/msg00483.html

Alessandro, you can also surf the web-git repository,
see the changes of Carsten
and change your files accordingly.
I did this way when I had to fix the wide-table export
one month ago:
+ I saw the regexp changed by Carsten,
+ copy-paste the fixed version in my org-export.el
+ byte compiled it
+ reloaded it
+ DONE ;-)

cheers