emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Properties and Property Drawers in HTML export
@ 2009-12-02  1:37 Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-12-02  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Does anyone know if it's possible to export org-mode properties and
property drawers in a HTML export?

R.

* Re: Properties and Property Drawers in HTML export
@ 2009-12-02  1:58 ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-12-02  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

2009/12/2 Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com>:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to export org-mode properties and
> property drawers in a HTML export?
>
> R.

Ok, just discovered the :drawers option!

The documentation claims that supplying a list of properties allows
you to filter which ones are exported, however I can't get this
working... e.g. I've tried setting org-publish-project-alist to both:

:drawers ("FOO" "BAR")

and:

:drawers '("FOO" "BAR")

Neither seem to work... any ideas?

@ 2009-12-02 12:21   ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-12-02 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

2009/12/2 Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/2 Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com>:
>> Does anyone know if it's possible to export org-mode properties and
>> property drawers in a HTML export?
>>
>> R.
>
> Ok, just discovered the :drawers option!
>
> The documentation claims that supplying a list of properties allows
> you to filter which ones are exported, however I can't get this
> working... e.g. I've tried setting org-publish-project-alist to both:
>
> :drawers ("FOO" "BAR")
>
> and:
>
> :drawers '("FOO" "BAR")
>
> Neither seem to work... any ideas?

Also, the properties are exported into the HTML like so:

<pre class="example">PROPERTIES
:FOO: blah
:BAR: blah blah
</pre>

Would something like the following not be a better format for
parsing/processing?

  <dl>
    <dt class="property_key_foo">FOO</dt><dd
class="property_value_foo">blah</dd>
    <dt class="property_key_bar">BAR</dt><dd
class="property_value_bar">blah blah</dd>
  </dl>

@ 2009-12-03 16:06     ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2009-12-03 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
> Would something like the following not be a better format for
> parsing/processing?

>   <dl>
>     <dt class="property_key_foo">FOO</dt><dd
> class="property_value_foo">blah</dd>
>     <dt class="property_key_bar">BAR</dt><dd
> class="property_value_bar">blah blah</dd>
>   </dl>

org-export-format-drawer-function might be what you are looking for:

C-h v org-export-format-drawer-function

Function to be called to format the contents of a drawer.
The function must accept three parameters:
  BACKEND  one of the symbols html, docbook, latex, ascii, xoxo
  NAME     the drawer name, like "PROPERTIES"
  CONTENT  the content of the drawer.
The function should return the text to be inserted into the buffer.
If this is nil, `org-export-format-drawer' is used as a default.

HTH
Christian

* Re: Re: Properties and Property Drawers in HTML export
@ 2009-12-03 17:02       ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-12-03 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/12/3 Christian Egli <christian.egli@sbszh.ch>:
> Hi
>
> Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
>> Would something like the following not be a better format for
>> parsing/processing?

>>   <dl>
>>     <dt class="property_key_foo">FOO</dt><dd
>> class="property_value_foo">blah</dd>
>>     <dt class="property_key_bar">BAR</dt><dd
>> class="property_value_bar">blah blah</dd>
>>   </dl>
>
> org-export-format-drawer-function might be what you are looking for:
>
> C-h v org-export-format-drawer-function

Great!  That looks like what I need... turns out it was introduced 3
weeks ago... shortly after I last updated org-mode...

git pull origin master && make clean && make install

M-x org-reload

tada!

Cheers.

R.