emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Heading numbering
@ 2010-04-15 17:49 Thierry Guillemin
From: Thierry Guillemin @ 2010-04-15 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bonjour,

Is it possible to number the headings ?

Instead of the standard hierarchy :
*
**
***
etc...

I would like to be have (just as in HTML Export) :
1.
1.1.
1.1.1.
etc...
(of course, automatically re-calculated, if items are moved Up/Down, or are
promoted/demoted...)

Thanks in advance

T.Guillemin
Paris

* Re: Heading numbering
@ 2010-04-16  0:15 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2010-04-16  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thierry Guillemin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thierry Guillemin <tguillemin@gmail.com> writes:

> Bonjour,
>
> Is it possible to number the headings ?
>
> Instead of the standard hierarchy :
> *
> **
> ***
> etc...
>
> I would like to be have (just as in HTML Export) :
> 1.
> 1.1.
> 1.1.1.
> etc...
> (of course, automatically re-calculated, if items are moved Up/Down, or are promoted/demoted...)

No this is not possible for headings.  You can do something similar with
numbered lists.  You can number headings when you export your org-mode
document to HTML or other formats but I don't think you will get exactly
the numbering scheme you have shown here.

-Bernt

* Re: Heading numbering
@ 2010-04-16 11:51 ` Scot Becker
From: Scot Becker @ 2010-04-16 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)