emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* search for dates as tag or property
@ 2007-11-25 13:39 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2007-11-25 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I would like to include the date in my property/tags search ...
E.g. one entry looks like this:

*** KONVERGIERT <2007-09-07 Fri>Klimakruemmer 2 /  FLUENT
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Bauteil:Klimakruemmer
   :END:

Is it possible to do a search, which looks for the property
'Bauteil' and for the month corresponding to the time stamp
of the entry, i.e. September?
The property search is no problem, but I couldn't find any
special syntax for the 'time stamps' search!?
Would be nice, if that works ...

Greetings!
Fabian

* Re: search for dates as tag or property
@ 2007-11-27 14:42 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-27 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> I would like to include the date in my property/tags search ...
> E.g. one entry looks like this:
>
> *** KONVERGIERT <2007-09-07 Fri>Klimakruemmer 2 /  FLUENT
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :Bauteil:Klimakruemmer
>    :END:

Maybe something along this:

(org-add-agenda-custom-command
 '("d" tags "Bauteil={.+}"
   ((org-agenda-skip-function
     '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp
     "[0-9]\\{4\\}-[0-9]\\{2\\}-[0-9]\\{2\\}")))))

> Is it possible to do a search, which looks for the property
> 'Bauteil' and for the month corresponding to the time stamp
> of the entry, i.e. September?

You cannot inherit a timestamp (or scheduled/deadline value) for now.
If you are using the date not only for getting this entry displayed at
the right place in the agenda view, maybe you could add a "Month"
property?  Then you can use it for searches like any other property.

> The property search is no problem, but I couldn't find any special
> syntax for the 'time stamps' search!?  Would be nice, if that works

Why not... but the agenda view is already a way to "search" for entries,
no?

--
Bastien

* Re: search for dates as tag or property
@ 2007-11-28  7:29   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-11-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Fabian,

this will be possible in 5.15.

- Carsten

@ 2007-11-28 21:53     ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2007-11-28 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi to you both,

Carsten Dominik schrieb am 11/28/2007 07:29 AM:
> Fabian,
>
> this will be possible in 5.15.

Works great! Thanks! The  simulation data management system
gets better and better :-)
For the update of my links I use a small python, which does
the update manually without a hook; though just for the main
simulation directory link... the next step will be the
automatic insertion for the properties.
Is there a function which puts all links of the current tree
in a kill-ring, which I could use for an external python script?

BTW: The small tutorial will follow a bit later :-)

Fabian

> - Carsten
>
> On 11/27/07, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>> Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:
>>
>>> I would like to include the date in my property/tags search ...
>>> E.g. one entry looks like this:
>>>
>>> *** KONVERGIERT <2007-09-07 Fri>Klimakruemmer 2 /  FLUENT
>>>    :PROPERTIES:
>>>    :Bauteil:Klimakruemmer
>>>    :END:
>> Maybe something along this:
>>
>> (org-add-agenda-custom-command
>>  '("d" tags "Bauteil={.+}"
>>    ((org-agenda-skip-function
>>      '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'notregexp
>>      "[0-9]\\{4\\}-[0-9]\\{2\\}-[0-9]\\{2\\}")))))
>>
>>> Is it possible to do a search, which looks for the property
>>> 'Bauteil' and for the month corresponding to the time stamp
>>> of the entry, i.e. September?
>> You cannot inherit a timestamp (or scheduled/deadline value) for now.
>> If you are using the date not only for getting this entry displayed at
>> the right place in the agenda view, maybe you could add a "Month"
>> property?  Then you can use it for searches like any other property.
>>
>>> The property search is no problem, but I couldn't find any special
>>> syntax for the 'time stamps' search!?  Would be nice, if that works
>> Why not... but the agenda view is already a way to "search" for entries,
>> no?
>>
>> --
>> Bastien

* Re: Re: search for dates as tag or property
@ 2007-11-29  5:24       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-11-29  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Braennstroem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 11/28/07, Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi to you both,
>
> Carsten Dominik schrieb am 11/28/2007 07:29 AM:
> > Fabian,
> >
> > this will be possible in 5.15.
>
> Works great! Thanks! The  simulation data management system
> gets better and better :-)
> For the update of my links I use a small python, which does
> the update manually without a hook; though just for the main
> simulation directory link... the next step will be the
> automatic insertion for the properties.
> Is there a function which puts all links of the current tree
> in a kill-ring, which I could use for an external python script?

No.

> BTW: The small tutorial will follow a bit later :-)

Great, I'm looking forward to reading it.

- Carsten

* Re: Re: search for dates as tag or property
@ 2007-11-30  1:35       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-11-30  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> Is there a function which puts all links of the current tree
> in a kill-ring, which I could use for an external python script?

Maybe this:

(defun my-collect-links-in-subtree ()
  "Return a list containing all links in current subtree."
  (interactive)
  (let (list end)
    (save-excursion
      (org-back-to-heading)
      (setq end (save-excursion
		  (outline-forward-same-level 1) (point)))
      (while (re-search-forward org-any-link-re end t)
	(add-to-list 'list (match-string-no-properties 0))))
    list))

Then:

(setq your-list-of-links (my-collect-links-in-subtree))

will store the list of links for the current subtre...  I think there is
no need for this in Org itself, though.

> BTW: The small tutorial will follow a bit later :-)

Looking forward to reading it!  Thanks,

--
Bastien