emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* agenda views
@ 2010-06-22 16:29 J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2010-06-22 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have my agenda set to start up in a Month view, from today.   At
least, that is how it starts.   But if I switch to day or week, view,
then back to month view, it shows the entire month, from day 1, not the
30 days from today.

Anyone know what I have set wrong?  Or am doing wrong?  Thanks,

Dave in Largo, FL

* Re: agenda views
@ 2010-06-24  6:25 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-06-24  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 22, 2010, at 6:29 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:

> I have my agenda set to start up in a Month view, from today.   At
> least, that is how it starts.   But if I switch to day or week, view,
> then back to month view, it shows the entire month, from day 1, not
> the
> 30 days from today.
>
> Anyone know what I have set wrong?  Or am doing wrong?  Thanks,

This is just because Org does not really have a way to tell
what you want.  So it falls back to a simple default.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to change this.

- Carsten

* Re: agenda views
@ 2010-06-24 13:12   ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2010-06-24 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> On Jun 22, 2010, at 6:29 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:
>

>> I have my agenda set to start up in a Month view, from today.   At
>> least, that is how it starts.   But if I switch to day or week, view,
>> then back to month view, it shows the entire month, from day 1, not
>> the
>> 30 days from today.
>>
>> Anyone know what I have set wrong?  Or am doing wrong?  Thanks,
>
> This is just because Org does not really have a way to tell
> what you want.  So it falls back to a simple default.
>
> I don't think it makes a lot of sense to change this.
>
> - Carsten

I can live with it.  Just wanted to make certain that I wasn't missing
some setting that would tell month view (or year view) to start from
'today'.

* Re: Re: agenda views
@ 2010-06-24 13:14     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-06-24 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 24, 2010, at 3:12 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Jun 22, 2010, at 6:29 PM, J. David Boyd wrote:
>>

>>> I have my agenda set to start up in a Month view, from today.   At
>>> least, that is how it starts.   But if I switch to day or week,
>>> view,
>>> then back to month view, it shows the entire month, from day 1, not
>>> the
>>> 30 days from today.
>>>
>>> Anyone know what I have set wrong?  Or am doing wrong?  Thanks,
>>
>> This is just because Org does not really have a way to tell
>> what you want.  So it falls back to a simple default.
>>
>> I don't think it makes a lot of sense to change this.
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> I can live with it.  Just wanted to make certain that I wasn't missing
> some setting that would tell month view (or year view) to start from
> 'today'.

OK, thanks for your reply.

- Carsten