emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Bug in org-babel R language shadows ruby
@ 2009-12-04 22:50 Daniel Doherty
From: Daniel Doherty @ 2009-12-04 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

All,

I'm not on this mailing list, but thought this would be the right place to
pass along a bug in org-babek
that had me baffled for a long time.

I was initializing org-babel with the following from my init.el file
(require 'org-babel-init)
(require 'org-babel-ruby)
(require 'org-babel-R)
(require 'org-babel-python)
(org-babel-load-library-of-babel)

When executing a ruby src block, I would get an error saying that the "r"
language was not a babel-interpreter.

When I change the order of the language initializations, the error goes
away:
(require 'org-babel-init)
(require 'org-babel-R)
(require 'org-babel-ruby)
(require 'org-babel-python)
(org-babel-load-library-of-babel)

Now, ruby is recognized.  Looks like the function for parsing the src block
is seeing the 'r' in ruby and stopping
because 'R" is a valid language, but then choking when it tries to run 'r'.

I hope someone can get this to Eric Schulte to see what's going on.  In the
meantime, putting ruby second is a workaround.

I suspect a similar problem happens whenever one language is a prefix of
another.

Regards,

Dan Doherty