emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* orgmode-capture-all on macOS
@ 2023-11-27 23:58 mag_dex
From: mag_dex @ 2023-11-27 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

A simple hack to right click on selected text and capture it (with URL if this is Safari) to your OrgMode Inbox.

I hope someone else will find this useful.
This works pretty much in all apps on macOS (e.g. Mail)
The hack is composed of workflow for Automator and a small Python script (that might need some adjustment for your case)
I hope someone find it useful.
Magnus
https://github.com/mmagnus/orgmode-capture-all
mmagnus/orgmode-capture-all: Capture ALL (with a right click) to OrgMode Inbox
github.com

[-- Attachment #2.2: orgmode-capture-all.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 131500 bytes --]

* Re: orgmode-capture-all on macOS
@ 2023-12-01 15:03 ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2023-12-01 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mag_dex, emacs-orgmode

On 28/11/2023 06:58, mag_dex wrote:
> A simple hack to right click on selected text and capture it (with URL
> if this is Safari) to your OrgMode Inbox.

I do not have a mac. I just have looked into the code and I am curious
why you decided to update org file from a python script directly instead
of invoking emacs-client? I mean calling something like

     (let ((type (and url
                 (string-match "^\\([a-z]+\\):" url)
                 (match-string 1 url))))
       (org-store-link-props
        :type type
        :link url
        :initial t)
       (org-capture nil key))

with some capture template KEY that contains %[FILE]. It is inspired by
`org-protocol-capture'.