emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* src blocks: code is /always/ exported
@ 2016-12-29 14:53 "Martin Gürtler"
From: "Martin Gürtler" @ 2016-12-29 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: src blocks: code is /always/ exported
@ 2016-12-29 17:07 ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2016-12-29 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "Martin Gürtler"; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, "Martin Gürtler" wrote:

> Dear list,
> I am exporting the following org mode file:
> ----8<--------------------
> * doc
> #+BEGIN_SRC shell :exports none
> ls |wc
> #+END_SRC
> #+RESULTS:
> : 20      20     199
> ----8<--------------------
> I'd expect org mode to honour the :exports none header argument and
> create a document that contains only the result.
> However, the exported document contains  both, code and results.
> This seems to be independent of the type of SRC and independent of the
> export type (I tried dot and shell for odt, latex and beamer exports).
> How can I get rid of the src code in the exported document?

What does C-h v org-export-use-babel RET say?

If the result is not `t' that is the problem, and somewhere in your setup
you have set that variable (or its predecessor org-export-babel-evaluate)
to nil or something other than `t'.

If this is the problem, set org-export-use-babel to `t'. You might
also note the advice in the docstring:

"Users who wish to avoid evaluating code on export should use the header
argument ‘:eval never-export’."

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: src blocks: code is /always/ exported
@ 2016-12-29 18:45   ` Martin Gürtler
From: Martin Gürtler @ 2016-12-29 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles C. Berry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2016, 09:07:40 CET schrieb Charles C. Berry:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, "Martin Gürtler" wrote:
> > Dear list,
> > I am exporting the following org mode file:
> > ----8<--------------------
> > * doc
> > #+BEGIN_SRC shell :exports none
> > ls |wc
> > #+END_SRC
> >
> > #+RESULTS:
> > : 20      20     199
> >
> > ----8<-------------------- I'd expect org mode to honour the
> > :exports none header argument and create a document that contains
> > only the result.  However, the exported document contains both, code
> > and results.  This seems to be independent of the type of SRC and
> > independent of the export type (I tried dot and shell for odt, latex
> > and beamer exports).  How can I get rid of the src code in the
> > exported document?
>
> What does C-h v org-export-use-babel RET say?
>
> If the result is not `t' that is the problem, and somewhere in your setup
> you have set that variable (or its predecessor org-export-babel-evaluate)
> to nil or something other than `t'.

That was indeed the culprit. I had switched it off to speed up export. After
setting that to t again it works (of course). Drawbacks are, that I need to
confirm the evaluation in each export (I am a bit hesitant to generally
accepting src block evaluation), and evaluation takes time.

I do not really need src block evaluation during export. I only need to
evaluate (manually) when I changed the graphics src, what I am doing
anyway to check the changed image.

But how would I control the (not-)inclusion of the src code during
export in that case?

Thanks,

Martin

* Re: src blocks: code is /always/ exported
@ 2016-12-29 20:05     ` Lars E. Pettersson
From: Lars E. Pettersson @ 2016-12-29 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 12/29/16 19:45, Martin Gürtler wrote:
> I do not really need src block evaluation during export. I only need to
> evaluate (manually) when I changed the graphics src, what I am doing
> anyway to check the changed image.
>
> But how would I control the (not-)inclusion of the src code during
> export in that case?

I am using the following:

(add-to-list 'org-babel-default-header-args '(:eval . "never-export"))
(add-to-list 'org-babel-default-inline-header-args '(:eval .
"never-export"))

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars@homer.se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/

* Re: src blocks: code is /always/ exported
@ 2016-12-29 20:12     ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2016-12-29 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Gürtler; +Cc: emacs-orgmode