emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Embedded LaTeX fontification
@ 2016-09-09 12:06 Kai von Fintel
From: Kai von Fintel @ 2016-09-09 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I embed LaTeX code in a `#+BEGIN_SRC latex` block and
`org-src-fontify-natively` is set to `t`, the code is fontified as LaTeX
code. But when the code is embedded in a `#+BEGIN_LaTeX` block, there's
no fontification. Is that as intended? Am I missing some setting? Or
could that functionality be added?

-- Kai.

* Re: Embedded LaTeX fontification
@ 2016-09-09 15:42 ` Charles C. Berry
From: Charles C. Berry @ 2016-09-09 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai von Fintel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016, Kai von Fintel wrote:

> When I embed LaTeX code in a `#+BEGIN_SRC latex` block and
> `org-src-fontify-natively` is set to `t`, the code is fontified as LaTeX
> code. But when the code is embedded in a `#+BEGIN_LaTeX` block, there's no
> fontification. Is that as intended? Am I missing some setting?

See ORG-NEWS

* Version 9.0
** Incompatible changes
*** New syntax for export blocks
[...]

and use the function provided there to update your *.org files.

> Or could that functionality be added?

It is already there in the new export blocks.

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: Embedded LaTeX fontification
       [not found] <e7d95743181c4e59ba6e775ad3124659@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-09-09 15:48 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-09-09 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai von Fintel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Friday,  9 Sep 2016 at 12:06, Kai von Fintel wrote:
> When I embed LaTeX code in a #+BEGIN_SRC latex block and
> org-src-fontify-natively is set to t, the code is fontified as LaTeX
> code. But when the code is embedded in a #+BEGIN_LaTeX block, there's
> no fontification. Is that as intended? Am I missing some setting? Or
> could that functionality be added?

What version of org are you using?  In latest versions, begin_latex is
now
#+begin_export latex
#+end_export
and this does fontify correctly for me.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.90.1, Org release_8.3.3-535-g7213aa

* Re: Embedded LaTeX fontification
@ 2016-09-09 16:44   ` Kai von Fintel
From: Kai von Fintel @ 2016-09-09 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: Kai von Fintel, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On 9 Sep 2016, at 11:48, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> On Friday,  9 Sep 2016 at 12:06, Kai von Fintel wrote:
>> When I embed LaTeX code in a #+BEGIN_SRC latex block and
>> org-src-fontify-natively is set to t, the code is fontified as LaTeX
>> code. But when the code is embedded in a #+BEGIN_LaTeX block, there's
>> no fontification. Is that as intended? Am I missing some setting? Or
>> could that functionality be added?
>
> What version of org are you using?  In latest versions, begin_latex is
> now
> #+begin_export latex
> #+end_export
> and this does fontify correctly for me.

Hmm, I *thought* I was up to date: Org-mode version 8.3.5
(8.3.5-8-gd2cb29-elpaplus @
/Users/fintel/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20160905/). I guess I have
to somehow get Spacemacs to use the bleeding edge version of org rather
than the latest stable version?

@ 2016-09-10  3:17   ` s j
From: s j @ 2016-09-10  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: Kai von Fintel, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I am using the org-plus-contrib package in org ELPA.

The export block

#+begin_export latex

#+end_export

does not work properly.

It produces

\begin{export}

\end{export}

in the .tex file and causes error.

Instead, I still need to use

#+begin_latex

#+end_latex

.

Is the version in org EPLA an out-dated one?

Jiang

@ 2016-09-10  3:40     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2016-09-10  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

s j <jsj.register@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using the org-plus-contrib package in org ELPA.
>
> The export block
>
> #+begin_export latex
> #+end_export
>
> does not work properly.
> It produces
>
> \begin{export}
> \end{export}
>
> in the .tex file and causes error.
>
> Instead, I still need to use
>
> #+begin_latex
> #+end_latex
> .
>
> Is the version in org EPLA an out-dated one?

No: it is the stable version. No new features, only bug fixes, are
applied to it.

You are right that it does not recognize #+begin_export
latex...#+end_export.  That is a feature that has been introduced in
the master branch (which will become the stable version at some point
in the future).

--
Nick

* Re: Embedded LaTeX fontification