emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* org mode, cvs emacs, and calendar.el
@ 2007-11-24 20:11 Mark A. Hershberger
From: Mark A. Hershberger @ 2007-11-24 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Putting

    %%(org-calendar-holiday)

in my todo.org (as suggested on John Wiegley's howto) results in several
annoying “Bad sexp at line …” because org-calendar-holiday calls the
obsolete check-calendar-holidays.

One way to fix this is to copy the define-obsolete-function-alias
statements from the end of holidays.el to diary-lib.el.  This would help
other code that requires diary-lib expecting check-calendar-holidays to
be defined.

The other is to add a (require ‘holidays) to the org-calendar-holiday
function.  This would allow org.el to continue to work with CVS as well
as released versions of emacs.

Advice?

--
http://hexmode.com/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
    -- Albert Einstein, The World As I See it

* Re: org mode, cvs emacs, and calendar.el
@ 2007-11-25  3:04 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2007-11-25  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark A. Hershberger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, emacs-devel

Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> The other is to add a (require ‘holidays) to the org-calendar-holiday
> function.  This would allow org.el to continue to work with CVS as well
> as released versions of emacs.

The org.el in Emacs should just be changed to use the new name. If it
must remain compatible with older Emacs versions, use something like
an fboundp test to handle either name. Or do the require thing.

* Re: org mode, cvs emacs, and calendar.el
@ 2007-11-25  3:42 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-11-25  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark A. Hershberger; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, emacs-devel

    in my todo.org (as suggested on John Wiegley's howto) results in several
    annoying ?Bad sexp at line ?? because org-calendar-holiday calls the
    obsolete check-calendar-holidays.

Isn't it easy to fix this in org mode?

* Re: [Orgmode] Re: org mode, cvs emacs, and calendar.el
@ 2007-11-25  6:37   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-11-25  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: Mark A. Hershberger, emacs-orgmode, emacs-devel

On 11/25/07, Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:
> Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
>
> > The other is to add a (require 'holidays) to the org-calendar-holiday
> > function.  This would allow org.el to continue to work with CVS as well
> > as released versions of emacs.
>
> The org.el in Emacs should just be changed to use the new name. If it
> must remain compatible with older Emacs versions, use something like
> an fboundp test to handle either name. Or do the require thing.

Yes, I will fix this in org.el.

- Carsten