emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* promote/demote oddities
@ 2007-07-19 18:32 Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2007-07-19 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I found two problems is promotion and demotion.  This is with org-more
5.03 on emacs 21.1.1 and 21.3.50.1.

First, given the file

------- test.org ------
* h 1
  t 1
*** h 1 1
    t 1
*** h 1 2
    t 1 2

----------------------

Using M-S-right on heading 'h 1' produces

------- test.org ------
*** h 1
  t 1
***** h 1 1
    t 1
***** h 1 2
    t 1 2

----------------------

I would have expected the text lines to indent as well.

Second, given the file

------- test.org ------
* h 2
  - i 1
  - i 2

----------------------

If I use M-S-right on 'i 1', nothing happens.  (This may be new
intentional behavior.)  If I use M-S-right I get

------- test.org ------
* h 2
    - i 1
  - i 2

----------------------

This is expected since demotion now shifts by two.  However if I try
to promote 'i 1' again using M-S-left I get

------- test.org ------
* h 2
      - i 1
  - i 2

----------------------

It looks like it is increase the indent by the current indent minus 2.
 In the debugger it looks like delta in org-indent-item (line 6192) is
2 for M-S-right and the current indent -2 for M-S-left.  I'm having a
little trouble following the logic of how it is set.

Edd

* Re: promote/demote oddities
@ 2007-07-20  9:35 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-07-20  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eddward DeVilla; +Cc: org-mode

On Jul 19, 2007, at 20:32, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

> I found two problems is promotion and demotion.  This is with org-more
> 5.03 on emacs 21.1.1 and 21.3.50.1.
>
> First, given the file
>
> ------- test.org ------
> * h 1
>  t 1
> *** h 1 1
>    t 1
> *** h 1 2
>    t 1 2
>
> ----------------------
>
> Using M-S-right on heading 'h 1' produces
>
> ------- test.org ------
> *** h 1
>  t 1
> ***** h 1 1
>    t 1
> ***** h 1 2
>    t 1 2
>
> ----------------------
>
> I would have expected the text lines to indent as well.

Works correctly for me.

> Second, given the file
>
> ------- test.org ------
> * h 2
>  - i 1
>  - i 2
>
> ----------------------
>
> If I use M-S-right on 'i 1', nothing happens.  (This may be new
> intentional behavior.)  If I use M-S-right I get
>
> ------- test.org ------
> * h 2
>    - i 1
>  - i 2
>
> ----------------------
>
> This is expected since demotion now shifts by two.  However if I try
> to promote 'i 1' again using M-S-left I get

> * h 2
>      - i 1
>  - i 2

Fixed, thanks.