emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Issue with org-mode latex export captions
@ 2017-07-27 16:16 Tyler Morgan
From: Tyler Morgan @ 2017-07-27 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I am running org-version 9.0.9 (9.0.9-54-g16dbf0-elpa) and have run into an issue with org-mode’s LaTeX/PDF export function. Everything looks normal when I create figure captions using the standard:

#+CAPTION: This is a caption.
#+NAME: fig:figure1
#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 15.0cm
[[/loc/to/figure1.jpg]]

Meaning that the LaTeX that is produced contains the caption, the name as a LaTeX label, etc. However, when I define the caption directly in LaTeX in order to use some of its added functionality, as in:

#+NAME: fig:figure1
#+ATTR_LATEX: :width 15.0cm :caption \caption[This is a caption.]{This is a much longer version of my caption that I don’t want included in my TOC.}
[[/loc/to/figure1.jpg]]

The resulting LaTeX no longer includes a label attribute, which means that all of the references I have made to this figure in the text are now undefined. I know that defining a LaTeX caption overwrites the org-mode caption field, but I’m not sure why it also removes the #+NAME (or #+LABEL, which I have also tried) from the figure. This isn’t the end of the world, as I can go through the LaTeX at the end in order to manually add the labels back to the figures. However, I have many figures in a document that I’m working on at the moment, and it would be nice to understand why this is happening.

If anyone has any ideas on why this is happening, or a way that I could deal with it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Tyler Morgan

* Re: Issue with org-mode latex export captions
       [not found] <d2ba61442562443a818ce701b4668570@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2017-07-27 17:48 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2017-07-27 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode