emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* scrum with emacs org-mode
@ 2013-07-02 13:14 thkoch
From: thkoch @ 2013-07-02 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

has anybody some success stories to share how to use org-mode in scrum
projects? Googling for scrum and org-mode already showed some interesting
things:

* https://github.com/ianxm/emacs-scrum
* http://www.agilesoc.com/2011/08/08/emacs-org-mode-kanban-pomodoro-oh-my
* http://odisworld.blogspot.ch/search/label/Scrum

However none of the above links are very helpful when it comes to managing
a project backlog.

If you have some free software tools besides org-mode please tell us for
comparison!

Best regards, Thomas Koch

* Re: scrum with emacs org-mode
@ 2013-07-02 17:11 ` OSiUX
From: OSiUX @ 2013-07-02 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

El mar, 02 jul 2013, thkoch@koch.ro decía:

> Hi,
>
> has anybody some success stories to share how to use org-mode in
> scrum projects? Googling for scrum and org-mode already showed some
> interesting things:
>
> * https://github.com/ianxm/emacs-scrum
> * http://www.agilesoc.com/2011/08/08/emacs-org-mode-kanban-pomodoro-oh-my
> * http://odisworld.blogspot.ch/search/label/Scrum

Thanks, I will investigate the links.

> However none of the above links are very helpful when it comes to
> managing a project backlog.
>
> If you have some free software tools besides org-mode please tell us
> for comparison!
>
> Best regards, Thomas Koch

My minimal tables for burdown:

- http://pub.osiux.com/org/scrum.org
- http://pub.osiux.com/org/scrum.html

--

::

  Osiris Alejandro Gomez (OSiUX) osiux@osiux.com.ar
  DC44 95D2 0D5D D544 FC1A F00F B308 A671 9237 D36C
  http://www.osiux.com.ar http://www.altermundi.net

* Re: scrum with emacs org-mode
@ 2013-07-03  7:48 ` Samuel Loury
From: Samuel Loury @ 2013-07-03  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thkoch, emacs-orgmode

thkoch@koch.ro writes:

> has anybody some success stories to share how to use org-mode in scrum
> projects?
Unfortunately, I won't be able to help with that. I am quite interested
by ideas as well.

> If you have some free software tools besides org-mode please tell us for
> comparison!
I use Trac¹. It seems extensible enough to fit with most of the scrum
methodology. At least most of the scrum methodology I know
about. Besides, I use the EstimationToolsPlugin² to display burndown
charts.

Hope that helps.

¹ http://trac.edgewall.org/
² http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/EstimationToolsPlugin#BurndownChart

--
Konubinix
GPG Key    : 7439106A

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: scrum with emacs org-mode
@ 2013-07-03 13:01 ` Oliver Dunkl
From: Oliver Dunkl @ 2013-07-03 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

thkoch@koch.ro writes:

> has anybody some success stories to share how to use org-mode in scrum
> projects? Googling for scrum and org-mode already showed some
> interesting things:

I have made some additions to my agenda commands to produce a
Scrum-Board for the current file or a defined file.

My status for the Board are:

TODO - all open tasks
PROG - all tasks currently in progress
DONE - all done tasks
IDEA - all tasks in the backlog

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
	("W" . "Work queries")
	("Ws" . "Scrum Boards"
	 ;; all open tasks
	 ((todo "TODO"
		((org-agenda-files '("Work.org"))
		 (org-agenda-overriding-header "All open tasks:")
		 (org-agenda-todo-keyword-format "")
		 (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down))))
	  ;; all tasks currently in progress
	  (todo "PROG"
		((org-agenda-files '("Work.org"))
		 (org-agenda-overriding-header "All tasks in progess:")
		 (org-agenda-todo-keyword-format "")
		 (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down))))
	  ;; product backlog
	  (todo "IDEA"
		((org-agenda-files '("Work.org"))
		 (org-agenda-todo-keyword-format "")
		 (org-agenda-overriding-header "Product Backlog:")))
	  ;; all done tasks
	  (todo "DONE"
		((org-agenda-files '("Work.org"))
		 (org-agenda-overriding-header "All done tasks:")
		 (org-agenda-todo-keyword-format "")
		 (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down)))))))

So if you like to produce the Scrum-Board for the current file

C-c < a W s

or for the given file 'Work.org'

C-c a W s

You can also tag your sprints if you like. I have very good experience
with that approach for multiple projects at the same time.

\= odi

Oliver Dunkl
Software Engineer