emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* A tutorial on using ox-rss.el to publish an Emacs-made blog
@ 2013-09-25 14:31 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-09-25 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

reading Sacha's post on blogging with Emacs* pushed me to write this
small tutorial on how to use ox-rss.el to write/publish a blog with
Emacs and Org:

http://bzg.fr/blogging-from-emacs.html

Enjoy!

* http://sachachua.com/blog/2013/09/when-i-blog-with-emacs-and-when-i-blog-with-something-else/

--
 Bastien

* Re: A tutorial on using ox-rss.el to publish an Emacs-made blog
@ 2013-09-25 15:29 ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2013-09-25 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> reading Sacha's post on blogging with Emacs* pushed me to write this
> small tutorial on how to use ox-rss.el to write/publish a blog with
> Emacs and Org:
>
> http://bzg.fr/blogging-from-emacs.html
>
> Enjoy!
>
> * http://sachachua.com/blog/2013/09/when-i-blog-with-emacs-and-when-i-blog-with-something-else/
>
> --
>  Bastien

Thank you very much for this wonderful post.

Scott Randby

* Re: A tutorial on using ox-rss.el to publish an Emacs-made blog
@ 2013-09-25 15:58   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-25 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Randby; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

On 25.9.2013, at 17:29, Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> reading Sacha's post on blogging with Emacs* pushed me to write this
>> small tutorial on how to use ox-rss.el to write/publish a blog with
>> Emacs and Org:
>>
>> http://bzg.fr/blogging-from-emacs.html
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> * http://sachachua.com/blog/2013/09/when-i-blog-with-emacs-and-when-i-blog-with-something-else/
>>
>> --
>> Bastien
>>

> Thank you very much for this wonderful post.

+1.  Tis is the post that might put me over the edge and try it.

- Carsten

> Scott Randby

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: A tutorial on using ox-rss.el to publish an Emacs-made blog
@ 2013-09-26  7:53     ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2013-09-26  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:58:51 +0200
Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1.  Tis is the post that might put me over the edge and try it.

+1. Same status here.

Detlef

@ 2013-09-26 10:09       ` flammable project
From: flammable project @ 2013-09-26 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi all,

Since I use ox-rss to generate my rss feed, I would like to make some
clarification:

* EMACS
You need to have an Emacs version greater than 24.2.1. The function
'url-encode-url' must be present to generate successfully the RSS feed. Since
I'm using Xubuntu 13.4. I had to add the PAA of Damien CASSOU to my apt
config. Then I installed Emacs 24.3.1. The command 'url-encode-url' was
listed in.

* ORG Files
You should take care about the PROPERTIES section you use in your org_files
or section used to generate the RSS feeed.

the CATEGORY might be usefull to manage multiple feeds. Personnaly I don't
try it but with Liferea RSS reader this option is visible.
Personnaly, I put the same date for the DATE and PUBDATE options. The date
are correctly displayed in my RSS reader.

E.G:
----------------------------------------8X-----cut here--------------
* HEADER ON
:PROPERTIES:
:DATE: <2012-10-12 Fri>
:PUBDATE: <2012-10-12 Fri>
:CATEGORY: Blog
:END:

BLABLABLA
BLABLABLA
BLABLABLA
----------------------------------------8X-----cut here--------------

Regards,

Basile

@ 2013-09-27 13:38         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-09-27 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: flammable project; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi flammable (?),

flammable project <flammable.project@gmail.com> writes:

> * EMACS
> You need to have an Emacs version greater than 24.2.1. The function
> 'url-encode-url' must be present to generate successfully the RSS
> feed. Since I'm using Xubuntu 13.4. I had to add the PAA of Damien
> CASSOU to my apt config. Then I installed Emacs 24.3.1. The command
> 'url-encode-url' was listed in.

Thanks -- I updated the blog post to mention this constraint.

> * ORG Files
> You should take care about the PROPERTIES section you use in your
> org_files or section used to generate the RSS feeed.
>
> the CATEGORY might be usefull to manage multiple feeds. Personnaly I
> don't try it but with Liferea RSS reader this option is visible.

(I don't use the CATEGORY property myself but maybe will.)

> Personnaly, I put the same date for the DATE and PUBDATE options. The
> date are correctly displayed in my RSS reader.

Why do you need the :DATE: ?  :PUBDATE: is automatically added if not
already present, and should be enough for the feed to know about the
publication date.

Thanks for testing!

--

@ 2013-09-27 13:43           ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-09-27 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 03:38:01PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> Hi flammable (?),

The post was signed Basile.  :-p

--
Suvayu

* Re: A tutorial on using ox-rss.el to publish an Emacs-made blog
@ 2013-09-27 13:46             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-09-27 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 03:38:01PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
>> Hi flammable (?),
>
> The post was signed Basile.  :-p

Yep, sorry Basile !

--