emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
* Orgmode reference card
@ 2009-11-29  3:29 Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
From: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine @ 2009-11-29  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I found online the reference card for org-mode version 6.33f in pdf
format.  I tried to print it in US letter format.  Unfortunately the
left margin of the text is cut off by a couple of mm.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks,
Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine

Mathematics Education
Texas A&M University

Email: hindiogine@gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://www.coe.tamu.edu/~enrico

"Rien ne va de soi.  Rien n'est donné. Tous est construit."   Gaston
Bachelard, 1934

* Re: Orgmode reference card
@ 2009-11-29  3:57 ` Ben Finney
From: Ben Finney @ 2009-11-29  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <hindiogine@gmail.com> writes:

> I found online the reference card for org-mode version 6.33f in pdf
> format. I tried to print it in US letter format. Unfortunately the
> left margin of the text is cut off by a couple of mm.

The TeX source document for the reference card is distributed with Org
mode (the file ‘orgcard.tex’). You can modify the page size in that file
and rebuild it from source.

You can also lobby for your country to join the rest of us in the third
millennium with a common measurement system and page size :-)

--
 \     “For man, as for flower and beast and bird, the supreme triumph |
  `\       is to be most vividly, most perfectly alive” —D.H. Lawrence |

* Re: Re: Orgmode reference card
@ 2009-11-29  4:13   ` Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
From: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine @ 2009-11-29  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Finney, emacs-orgmode

Hi Ben!

2009/11/28 Ben Finney <ben+emacs@benfinney.id.au>:
> The TeX source document for the reference card is distributed with Org
> mode (the file ‘orgcard.tex’). You can modify the page size in that file
> and rebuild it from source.
>
> You can also lobby for your country to join the rest of us in the third
> millennium with a common measurement system and page size :-)

Thanks for the info.  Regarding the lobbying, I am still working at
bringing my country into the 2nd millennium and I am ready to give up
:-(

Does Canada also have the non-standard paper sizes?

Anyway, I am also struggling with smtp in Aquamacs Gnus, but that is
for another email list.

Best,
Enrico

--

@ 2009-11-29  5:26 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-11-29  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <hindiogine@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found online the reference card for org-mode version 6.33f in pdf
> format.  I tried to print it in US letter format.  Unfortunately the
> left margin of the text is cut off by a couple of mm.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Did you get it from

    http://orgmode.org/orgcard.pdf

? I just downloaded that one and printed it (on a cheap inkjet printer):
it came out fine for me. In particular, viewing it with acroread and
looking at File/Properties... tells me that it's formatted for 8.5in X
11in paper.

If you have problems with the above version, one possibility is that
certain laser printers used to cut off a whole inch (that's 2.54cm for
the rest of the world !-) from the margins (top and bottom as well as
left and right) and I think the orgcard gets closer than that to the
edge of the paper. I don't know whether that's still a problem
however. But if everything else seems OK, try printing it on another
printer, perhaps a cheap inkjet.

Nick

* Re: Orgmode reference card
@ 2009-11-29  6:05 ` Mark Elston
       [not found]   ` <62622fe70911291100s5f98e33ck4b85c457e0ae2a88@mail.gmail.com>
From: Mark Elston @ 2009-11-29  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:
> I found online the reference card for org-mode version 6.33f in pdf
> format.  I tried to print it in US letter format.  Unfortunately the
> left margin of the text is cut off by a couple of mm.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Enrico

In addition to what has already been stated the makefile has a
target for 'orgcard_letter.pdf' which is built from
'orgcard_letter.tex' (which is actually built from orgcard.tex).

If you want to make it you can 'make doc' from the top level and it will
be made automatically.

Mark

* Re: Orgmode reference card
       [not found]   ` <62622fe70911291100s5f98e33ck4b85c457e0ae2a88@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-11-29 19:02     ` Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
From: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine @ 2009-11-29 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

 Howdy!

 2009/11/29 Mark Elston <m_elston@comcast.net>:
> In addition to what has already been stated the makefile has a
> target for 'orgcard_letter.pdf' which is built from
> 'orgcard_letter.tex' (which is actually built from orgcard.tex).
>
> If you want to make it you can 'make doc' from the top level and it will
> be made automatically.

 Yes, it works.   The only problem is that the 2nd column of the 1st
 page ends at the "Filtering and Sparse Trees" section.  The rest of
 the column is pushed ahead and now I have 3 pages instead of 2.

 I obtained the same thing when I compiled the tex file to dvi and then
 obtained a ps and pdf file.

 Enrico

 --

@ 2009-11-30  5:37       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-30  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 29, 2009, at 8:02 PM, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:

> Howdy!
>
> 2009/11/29 Mark Elston <m_elston@comcast.net>:
>> In addition to what has already been stated the makefile has a
>> target for 'orgcard_letter.pdf' which is built from
>> 'orgcard_letter.tex' (which is actually built from orgcard.tex).
>>
>> If you want to make it you can 'make doc' from the top level and it
>> will
>> be made automatically.
>
> Yes, it works.   The only problem is that the 2nd column of the 1st
> page ends at the "Filtering and Sparse Trees" section.  The rest of
> the column is pushed ahead and now I have 3 pages instead of 2.

The git version contains a change that makes sure the letter-sized
referencecard also fits on 2 pages now.

HTH

- Carsten